previewing video in tv/monitor

Until last week I'd been using an old matrox g400 max dualhead card
which includes a video out feature that just exports the video by itself
without the windows desktop (for watching dvd's or doing video editing
previews). I was under the impression that the new card I bought (a
leadtek geforce 6600 pcie x16) would have the same functionality since
it has s-video out. It doesn't; instead it just does TV-out as though
the TV is a secondary dispay. I was wondering if there is anything cheap
I could get, that'll give me the functionality I'm looking for. Any help
would be appreciated--thanks.

"TheKeith" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
> Until last week I'd been using an old matrox g400 max dualhead card which
> includes a video out feature that just exports the video by itself without
> the windows desktop (for watching dvd's or doing video editing previews).
> I was under the impression that the new card I bought (a leadtek geforce
> 6600 pcie x16) would have the same functionality since it has s-video out.
> It doesn't; instead it just does TV-out as though the TV is a secondary
> dispay. I was wondering if there is anything cheap I could get, that'll
> give me the functionality I'm looking for. Any help would be
> appreciated--thanks.

What editing software are you uaing? What does it support?
Those would appear to be starting poings (and perhaps
limiting factors as well.)