Help! No Audio When Printing to Video

I am really depressed. I have spent about 6 months editing 7 hours of
Amazonian jungle footage down to a 1 hour production and I can not get any
audio when I attempt to print back to my Sony dv camcorder.

Here are the vitals:

Cinestream 3.1
Windows 2000 Professional
Pentium III running at 498 MHz (I know it is slow by today's standards, but
when Cinestream was released it easily met the system requirements)
640 MB of RAM
Maxtor 7200RPM 250GB internal hard drive
Adaptec AFW-4300 FireWire Card
Yamaha DS1x sound card.
Sony TRV120 Digital 8 Camcorder.
DirectX 9.0
Quicktime 5.0 (the highest version Cinestream supports)
No background TSRs running.

Here is what I have tried and double-checked:

1) The audio program track is active and I can hear audio from the project
through my sound card in Cinestream.
2) I have swapped the FireWire card between the Adaptec and the Lynx card
that came with Cinestream.
3) I have tested the connection to my camcorder using DVTester. It reports
no problems and I can control the deck remotely through the software.
4) I have tried rendering the audio in both 48 and 44.1 kHz.
5) I have downloaded from Microsoft all the updates to Windows 2000.
6) I have tried Quicktime 4.0 (the version that came with program).

I am at my wits end and I can not contact the manufacturer because it is a
legacy product and they no longer offer support.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Btw, this is a hobby, not a profession, hence the outdated hardware.

Paul

More about help audio printing video

    Cinestream. Oh, man its been years......

    Now, you will already have seperate Mov and Wav files in your render folder.
    So, because of this, you certainly have the source material and could use it
    in another app if you needed.

    You say this was happening before you swapped to the Lynx card? (Don't have
    any experience with that, always used straight firewire with Cinestream. Can
    you render your project to a selfcontained MOV file and get both vid and
    sound with quicktime. (Good your using the older version. I know that QT6
    and CS don't play well.)

    "Paul M Rothenberg" <paulmroth@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I am really depressed. I have spent about 6 months editing 7 hours of
    > Amazonian jungle footage down to a 1 hour production and I can not get any
    > audio when I attempt to print back to my Sony dv camcorder.
    >
    > Here are the vitals:
    >
    > Cinestream 3.1
    > Windows 2000 Professional
    > Pentium III running at 498 MHz (I know it is slow by today's standards,
    but
    > when Cinestream was released it easily met the system requirements)
    > 640 MB of RAM
    > Maxtor 7200RPM 250GB internal hard drive
    > Adaptec AFW-4300 FireWire Card
    > Yamaha DS1x sound card.
    > Sony TRV120 Digital 8 Camcorder.
    > DirectX 9.0
    > Quicktime 5.0 (the highest version Cinestream supports)
    > No background TSRs running.
    >
    > Here is what I have tried and double-checked:
    >
    > 1) The audio program track is active and I can hear audio from the project
    > through my sound card in Cinestream.
    > 2) I have swapped the FireWire card between the Adaptec and the Lynx card
    > that came with Cinestream.
    > 3) I have tested the connection to my camcorder using DVTester. It reports
    > no problems and I can control the deck remotely through the software.
    > 4) I have tried rendering the audio in both 48 and 44.1 kHz.
    > 5) I have downloaded from Microsoft all the updates to Windows 2000.
    > 6) I have tried Quicktime 4.0 (the version that came with program).
    >
    > I am at my wits end and I can not contact the manufacturer because it is a
    > legacy product and they no longer offer support.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > Btw, this is a hobby, not a profession, hence the outdated hardware.
    >
    > Paul

    If you can get the audio out on a file, the two can be combined on another
    system.
    What options do you have?

    "Paul M Rothenberg" <paulmroth@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I am really depressed. I have spent about 6 months editing 7 hours of
    > Amazonian jungle footage down to a 1 hour production and I can not get any
    > audio when I attempt to print back to my Sony dv camcorder.
    >
    > Here are the vitals:
    >
    > Cinestream 3.1
    > Windows 2000 Professional
    > Pentium III running at 498 MHz (I know it is slow by today's standards,
    but
    > when Cinestream was released it easily met the system requirements)
    > 640 MB of RAM
    > Maxtor 7200RPM 250GB internal hard drive
    > Adaptec AFW-4300 FireWire Card
    > Yamaha DS1x sound card.
    > Sony TRV120 Digital 8 Camcorder.
    > DirectX 9.0
    > Quicktime 5.0 (the highest version Cinestream supports)
    > No background TSRs running.
    >
    > Here is what I have tried and double-checked:
    >
    > 1) The audio program track is active and I can hear audio from the project
    > through my sound card in Cinestream.
    > 2) I have swapped the FireWire card between the Adaptec and the Lynx card
    > that came with Cinestream.
    > 3) I have tested the connection to my camcorder using DVTester. It reports
    > no problems and I can control the deck remotely through the software.
    > 4) I have tried rendering the audio in both 48 and 44.1 kHz.
    > 5) I have downloaded from Microsoft all the updates to Windows 2000.
    > 6) I have tried Quicktime 4.0 (the version that came with program).
    >
    > I am at my wits end and I can not contact the manufacturer because it is a
    > legacy product and they no longer offer support.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > Btw, this is a hobby, not a profession, hence the outdated hardware.
    >
    > Paul

    I rendered a small section of my timeline and saved it to a self contained
    ..mov file. Guess what? No audio. When I play the timeline in Cinestream I
    can hear the audio. I then opened up the Sound and Audio Devices control
    panel and clicked on the Audio tab. The Sound playback, Sound recording and
    MIDI music playback device selections are all grayed out. I have a dual
    boot system (XP & 2000) and in XP all of the devices are normal.

    Any ideas on how I can go about fixing this? It seems this may be the root
    of my problem.

    Paul

    "RS" <idontthinkso@mail.com> wrote in message
    > Cinestream. Oh, man its been years......
    >
    > Now, you will already have seperate Mov and Wav files in your render
    folder.
    > So, because of this, you certainly have the source material and could use
    it
    > in another app if you needed.
    >
    > You say this was happening before you swapped to the Lynx card? (Don't
    have
    > any experience with that, always used straight firewire with Cinestream.
    Can
    > you render your project to a selfcontained MOV file and get both vid and
    > sound with quicktime. (Good your using the older version. I know that QT6
    > and CS don't play well.)
    >

    > "Paul M Rothenberg" <paulmroth@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > I am really depressed. I have spent about 6 months editing 7 hours of
    > > Amazonian jungle footage down to a 1 hour production and I can not get
    any
    > > audio when I attempt to print back to my Sony dv camcorder.
    > >
    > > Here are the vitals:
    > >
    > > Cinestream 3.1
    > > Windows 2000 Professional
    > > Pentium III running at 498 MHz (I know it is slow by today's standards,
    > but
    > > when Cinestream was released it easily met the system requirements)
    > > 640 MB of RAM
    > > Maxtor 7200RPM 250GB internal hard drive
    > > Adaptec AFW-4300 FireWire Card
    > > Yamaha DS1x sound card.
    > > Sony TRV120 Digital 8 Camcorder.
    > > DirectX 9.0
    > > Quicktime 5.0 (the highest version Cinestream supports)
    > > No background TSRs running.
    > >
    > > Here is what I have tried and double-checked:
    > >
    > > 1) The audio program track is active and I can hear audio from the
    project
    > > through my sound card in Cinestream.
    > > 2) I have swapped the FireWire card between the Adaptec and the Lynx
    card
    > > that came with Cinestream.
    > > 3) I have tested the connection to my camcorder using DVTester. It
    reports
    > > no problems and I can control the deck remotely through the software.
    > > 4) I have tried rendering the audio in both 48 and 44.1 kHz.
    > > 5) I have downloaded from Microsoft all the updates to Windows 2000.
    > > 6) I have tried Quicktime 4.0 (the version that came with program).
    > >
    > > I am at my wits end and I can not contact the manufacturer because it is
    > > legacy product and they no longer offer support.
    > >
    > > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    > >
    > > Btw, this is a hobby, not a profession, hence the outdated hardware.
    > >
    > > Paul
    > >

    > > --

    I would worry about that after you back up the material.
    It sounds as Cinestream has perhaps replaced the driver with their own.
    Or, there could be a lock problem.
    Open Device Manager and check that the driver is enabled.
    If it's enabled, but not working, deleting and reinstalling the driver may
    solve this problem.
    However, this may interfere with the Cinestream app.

    The first priority is to back up the material.
    Burn the wav files to a CD, and write several tapes of the video.

> [...]

    >Here is what I have tried and double-checked:
    >
    >1) The audio program track is active and I can hear audio from the project
    >through my sound card in Cinestream.
    >2) I have swapped the FireWire card between the Adaptec and the Lynx card
    >that came with Cinestream.
    >3) I have tested the connection to my camcorder using DVTester. It reports
    >no problems and I can control the deck remotely through the software.
    >4) I have tried rendering the audio in both 48 and 44.1 kHz.
    >5) I have downloaded from Microsoft all the updates to Windows 2000.
    >6) I have tried Quicktime 4.0 (the version that came with program).
    >
    >I am at my wits end and I can not contact the manufacturer because it is a
    >legacy product and they no longer offer support.
    >
    >Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    >Btw, this is a hobby, not a profession, hence the outdated hardware.

    Note that most DV camcorders will not record audio that is other than:
    48 kHz
    16 bits
    stereo

    Don't know if this is your problem, but it certainly could be.
    webpa

Tuner Cards Audio Video Graphics