Remote Assistance - remote host name can be resolved

Scott

I am trying to connect to my brother's computer at his house to help him rid his system of virii. At first I couldn't connect, it would say that the host name can not be resolved, so I had my brother connect the comp directly to the dsl modem, bypassing the router, and I was able to connect. I did a bunch of cleaning up on his system, and rebooted it, but I can't reconnect. He is sending me the invitations, and it logs me in, and the remote assistance window opens, then I just get a web dialog box that says "closed the connection". It is just like that, an icomplete sentence, which makes me think it is some type of virus doing it, but why could I connect before, and not now? Yes, the remote assistance is enabled, and the windows firewall is disabled. Both systems are on Win XP. Any advice?

Did you by chance upgrade his video driver (if using a Nvidia display
driver)? If so, disable it...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 21:04:01 -0700, "Scott"
<Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to connect to my brother's computer at his house to help him rid his system of virii. At first I couldn't connect, it would say that the host name can not be resolved, so I had my brother connect the comp directly to the dsl modem, bypassing the router, and I was able to connect. I did a bunch of cleaning up on his system, and rebooted it, but I can't reconnect. He is sending me the invitations, and it logs me in, and the remote assistance window opens, then I just get a web dialog box that says "closed the connection". It is just like that, an icomplete sentence, which makes me think it is some type of virus doing it, but why could I connect before, and not now? Yes, the remote assistance is enabled, and the windows firewall is disabled. Both systems are on Win XP. Any advice?

Markknight

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
I think it's better to choose the best remote hosting service provider rather than, facing the problem everyday. So why not choose a service, that can give you the full time service and support and guide you to each and every step. You can get ride of all your major security concern. Hope you all might think on this issue.