Recommendations for new camera

I'm in the UK
In a graphics and Photoshop group they seem to bang on about the Nikon
Coolpix 5400 so I had a look in Jessops and the guy told me that this was
being discontinued. Fair enough. I'm looking to spend between £200 and £300
(a little more). Any recommendations.

Best wishes

Big Craigie
8 answers Last reply
More about recommendations camera

    Why no replies? because places like www.dpreview exist, and you
    haven't given a scrap of information about what you will be shooting.

    > Why no replies? because places like www.dpreview exist, and you
    > haven't given a scrap of information about what you will be shooting.

    Please don't delete the original post so new people can catch the
    thread.

    Nobody can delete your post but your browser is set to eliminate the posts
    over a certain age.

    In article <RLSdnZsIYfNrQqHfRVn-2A@golden.net>, Gìmmìe Bob
    <noper@spamin.me> wrote:
    > Nobody can delete your post but your browser is set to eliminate the posts
    > over a certain age.
    What in the world would he be replying to then? And if he knows what he
    is replying to, could he not just Copy and Paste it into the message?
    Thanks In Advance,
    NB
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    some guy,

    from context ... the guy asked about which camera to buy .. he got no
    replies ... so he asked what gives ...

    VC

    "some guy" <nospam@spam.com> wrote in message
    > > Why no replies? because places like www.dpreview exist, and you
    > > haven't given a scrap of information about what you will be shooting.
    >
    > Please don't delete the original post so new people can catch the
    > thread.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Confusion at it's best....LOL

    and to top it all off bottom posting people too.

    "nellybly" <nellybly@adephia.net> wrote in message
    > > > Please don't delete the original post so new people can catch the
    > > > thread.
    > In article <RLSdnZsIYfNrQqHfRVn-2A@golden.net>, Gìmmìe Bob
    > <noper@spamin.me> wrote:
    > > Nobody can delete your post but your browser is set to eliminate the
    posts
    > > over a certain age.
    > What in the world would he be replying to then? And if he knows what he
    > is replying to, could he not just Copy and Paste it into the message?
    > Thanks In Advance,
    > NB
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Hi,

    I recommend the Pentax S5i camera.

    Ultracompact, 5MP and at the price range you are looking for.

    --
    Regards,

    MacGyver.

    "Big Craigie" <bigcraigieYOURCLOTHES13@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I'm in the UK
    > In a graphics and Photoshop group they seem to bang on about the Nikon
    > Coolpix 5400 so I had a look in Jessops and the guy told me that this was
    > being discontinued. Fair enough. I'm looking to spend between £200 and
    > £300
    > (a little more). Any recommendations.
    >
    > Best wishes
    >
    > Big Craigie