Rotate video?

Hi. I'm a newbie looking for a video editing program that can (1)
rotate video, and (2) adjust image quality across an entire clip for
hue/saturation, brightness/contrast, etc. It would be cool if it could
convert between .avi, .wmf, .mov, .rm, and mpeg-4 too. Any
suggestions? Thanks... Bruce

I got Quick Time Pro - $29 from Apple. I'm running WinXP Home and had to be
sure I got the Windows version. Works great!! Also lets me combine movie
clips into one movie.
I already had QuickTime on my computer.

--
C and A Bredt

On a sunny day (5 Nov 2004 16:24:49 -0800) it happened bb@astonisher.com
(Bruce Brown) wrote in <194bf3fd.0411051624.16a72657@posting.google.com>:

>Hi. I'm a newbie looking for a video editing program that can (1)
>rotate video, and (2) adjust image quality across an entire clip for
>hue/saturation, brightness/contrast, etc. It would be cool if it could
>convert between .avi, .wmf, .mov, .rm, and mpeg-4 too. Any
>suggestions? Thanks... Bruce
In the Linux world, you could use transcode with subtitler.
Not sure what you mean by rotate, but in 2 dimensions, if you rotate a
rectangular screen (say 5:4) it won't fit, and you get black borders..
For the rest subtitler is slow, because it goes to yuv, does call
imagemagick for rotate, then recodes to whatever format using transcode.
I wrote it long time ago, not even sure it still works with the latest
imagemagick.
But, it is free, open source, and you can improve it if you like.
There is no gui, and that actually is a huge advantage, as when you
want to reproduce the same thing without keeping zillion of bytes video
around, you keep the source material and the scripts.
So, and it can do saturation, contrast, brightness, and a lot more.
http://panteltje.com/panteltje/subtitles/
This was a shameless plug ;-)
JP