Off-line file synchronization

I have enabled off-line file synchronization for select folders on my network. I created a shortcut to those folders on my desktop. To access my off-line files when I am not connected to the network I click on the same shortcut I use when connected to the network and am directed to the offline files (when I try to access the off-line files any other way, they are not sorted and the exact file is hard to find).
When i am away from the network, change an off-line file, and attempt to synchronize upon reconnecting to the network I get the following error (the "network location" is a generic placeholder for the file location to make this example easier to read):
"Offline files (network location): Unable to merge offline changes on (network location). The parameter is incorrect."

What parameter is the message referencing? By chaning the file off-line did I change a parameter? How do I recover from the error?
The only way I have been able to recover from this error in the past, and again resync, is to remove off-line synchronization (via check boxes) and then re-enable the function. But this solution is not elegant and takes way too much time.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

it's the same actions for this problem explain on this URL
support.microsoft.com/?kbid=230738
www.jsiinc.com/SUBM/tip6300/rh6338.htm

--
dudule

Gravesgrg,
You couldn't have stated the problem more perfectly.

Unable to merge offline changes on \\server_name\share_name. The
parameter is incorrect.

I have a user that is experiencing this exact issue. He works with
large files on our network and has them cached for offline viewing. He
needs to have current versions of these files while he is off site and
this seems the best way to accomplish this.

I have followed the advice of MS KB article 230738
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=230738

I am now dealing with the third instance of this problem with the same
user. I have not been able to find any other documentation on how to
resolve this issue or what is causing the corruption in the first
place.

Please post back here if you discover anything, and I will do the
same.

Jason

--
klepacja

Upgrade to SP2.. Many of the Offline Files "bugs" were fixed in
SP2...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com