best .avi > .wmf converter?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 6, 2004 1:35:00 PM

Hi. I've got some huge .avi files that work fine on CD-ROM, but I want
to convert to MPEG or .WMF to reduce their size for viewing on the
web. Can you recommend a good program to convert video between .avi
and .mpeg and .wmf? Thanks for your help... Bruce

More about : avi wmf converter

Anonymous
November 6, 2004 3:16:36 PM

"Bruce Brown" wrote ...
> Hi. I've got some huge .avi files that work fine on CD-ROM, but I want
> to convert to MPEG or .WMF to reduce their size for viewing on the
> web. Can you recommend a good program to convert video between .avi
> and .mpeg and .wmf? Thanks for your help... Bruce

WMF is a still picture format.

Did you read any of the responses to your previous posting of
this same question?

If you meant WMV, then the encoder is free from Microsoft.
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 10:10:54 AM

Yes I did read, and I really appreciated the comments in this thread
as well. What I don't understand is why my originaly post here was
re-posted again later in the thread. I've never seen that before. One
of life's little mysteries? Thanks again... Bruce

!