best .avi > .wmf converter?

Hi. I've got some huge .avi files that work fine on CD-ROM, but I want
to convert to MPEG or .WMF to reduce their size for viewing on the
web. Can you recommend a good program to convert video between .avi
and .mpeg and .wmf? Thanks for your help... Bruce
2 answers Last reply
More about best converter

    "Bruce Brown" wrote ...
    > Hi. I've got some huge .avi files that work fine on CD-ROM, but I want
    > to convert to MPEG or .WMF to reduce their size for viewing on the
    > web. Can you recommend a good program to convert video between .avi
    > and .mpeg and .wmf? Thanks for your help... Bruce

    WMF is a still picture format.

    Did you read any of the responses to your previous posting of
    this same question?

    If you meant WMV, then the encoder is free from Microsoft.

    Yes I did read, and I really appreciated the comments in this thread
    as well. What I don't understand is why my originaly post here was
    re-posted again later in the thread. I've never seen that before. One
    of life's little mysteries? Thanks again... Bruce

    > Did you read any of the responses to your previous posting of
    > this same question?

Tuner Cards MPEG Video AVI Converter Graphics