Remote Desktop log-off instead of disconnect

When I disconnect from Remote Desktop it leaves my user still logged on the
host computer and my others users cant logon unless I go to the office and
log myself out.

There is no Shutdown/Logoff in my start menu, there is only athedisconnect.
How do I solve this issue?

Thanks
Danny

I am also using WindowsXP SP1

"Danny O'Connor" <dkoconnor@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> When I disconnect from Remote Desktop it leaves my user still logged on
the
> host computer and my others users cant logon unless I go to the office and
> log myself out.
>
> There is no Shutdown/Logoff in my start menu, there is only
athedisconnect.
> How do I solve this issue?
>
> Thanks
> Danny

Host Computer running Windows XP SP1 Client computer is Wiin98 using Remote
Destktop client
"Danny O'Connor" <dkoconnor@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> When I disconnect from Remote Desktop it leaves my user still logged on
the
> host computer and my others users cant logon unless I go to the office and
> log myself out.
>
> There is no Shutdown/Logoff in my start menu, there is only
athedisconnect.
> How do I solve this issue?
>
> Thanks
> Danny

Do you see a "Windows Security..." icon towards the bottom of the start
menu?

If so, click that for relevant options. If not, write back for further
advice.

Danny O'Connor wrote:
> When I disconnect from Remote Desktop it leaves my user still logged
> on the host computer and my others users cant logon unless I go to
> the office and log myself out.
>
> There is no Shutdown/Logoff in my start menu, there is only
> athedisconnect. How do I solve this issue?

On the remote deskop, go to Start->Settings->windows security and click Log
Off. This will log you off and of course disconnect you at the same time.

I think you have to have fast switching on in order to see the Log Off icon
on your Start menu. I turned this feature on and everything seems to be
working just fine. Thanks the the help both of you..

Danny O'Connor wrote:
> I think you have to have fast switching on in order to see the Log
> Off icon on your Start menu. I turned this feature on and everything
> seems to be working just fine. Thanks the the help both of you..

That's right but even if fast switching is off, you can still log off by
following the information i gave you in my previous post.