How to install/uninstall a codec?

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,comp.multimedia (More info?)

I have Adaptec AVC-2010 video capture card and myDVD software for
creating video. After replacing motherboard on my PC - each time I try
to record a video - it is recording upside down. I searched the
Internet and found that the simplest solution is to stand on the head
to watch video, the more difficult solution have to do something with
codecs.

My questions:
1. how to install/uninstall a codec?

2. using AVIcode program I found that upside-down recorded video is
using MPG2 = MPEG 2 (SVCD/DVD) codec, but when I go to Start -
Accessories - System tools-System information - Components -
Multimedia - Video codecs, I don't see this codec.

Any idea how to solve this upside-down problem?

Thanks,

Zalek
4 answers Last reply
More about install uninstall codec
  1. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,comp.multimedia (More info?)

    "Zalek Bloom" <ZalekBloom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have Adaptec AVC-2010 video capture card and myDVD software for
    > creating video. After replacing motherboard on my PC - each time I try
    > to record a video - it is recording upside down. I searched the
    > Internet and found that the simplest solution is to stand on the head
    > to watch video, the more difficult solution have to do something with
    > codecs.
    >
    > My questions:
    > 1. how to install/uninstall a codec?
    >
    > 2. using AVIcode program I found that upside-down recorded video is
    > using MPG2 = MPEG 2 (SVCD/DVD) codec, but when I go to Start -
    > Accessories - System tools-System information - Components -
    > Multimedia - Video codecs, I don't see this codec.
    >
    > Any idea how to solve this upside-down problem?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Zalek

    Try a better capture program, Sage TV Recorder used
    to be mentioned as good for that card. Too bad they aren't
    still shipping the AVC-2000, then you could use Movie
    Mill like I do. Check at www.videohelp.com and read the
    user comments for that card, they often point out better
    capture software.

    That is a Hardware MPEG encoding card, the codec it
    uses is in the firmware/hardware.

    Luck;
    Ken
  2. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,comp.multimedia (More info?)

    "Zalek Bloom" <ZalekBloom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have Adaptec AVC-2010 video capture card and myDVD software for
    > creating video. After replacing motherboard on my PC - each time I try
    > to record a video - it is recording upside down. I searched the
    > Internet and found that the simplest solution is to stand on the head
    > to watch video, the more difficult solution have to do something with
    > codecs.
    >
    > My questions:
    > 1. how to install/uninstall a codec?

    Answered a couple days ago in this NG.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,comp.multimedia (More info?)

    After replacing motherboard on my PC - each time I try
    > to record a video - it is recording upside down.

    Things to try...

    1. don't capture video while standing on your head.

    2. turn your capture board over.

    3. twist your cables so the picture comes through right side up.

    sorry i couldn't resist. i really hope you get this worked out.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,comp.multimedia (More info?)

    Zalek Bloom <ZalekBloom@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<7hmto0p2uutpbc0tno2ri93c9cm4brjvva@4ax.com>...
    > I have Adaptec AVC-2010 video capture card and myDVD software for
    > creating video. After replacing motherboard on my PC - each time I try
    > to record a video - it is recording upside down. I searched the
    > Internet and found that the simplest solution is to stand on the head
    > to watch video, the more difficult solution have to do something with
    > codecs.
    >
    > My questions:
    > 1. how to install/uninstall a codec?
    >
    > 2. using AVIcode program I found that upside-down recorded video is
    > using MPG2 = MPEG 2 (SVCD/DVD) codec, but when I go to Start -
    > Accessories - System tools-System information - Components -
    > Multimedia - Video codecs, I don't see this codec.
    >
    > Any idea how to solve this upside-down problem?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Zalek

    Problem solved.
    It was not a codecs problem. When I look on Start-setting-control
    panel-system-hardware-device manager I noticed a problem with Video
    adapter. I reinstalled video adapter drivers and now only when I stand
    on my head the picture is upside down.

    Zalek

Tuner Cards Video Codec Graphics