Remote Desktop Connection Error

tanya

I hope I haven't overlooked a solution to this issue, but we have an Win XP Pro pc that we use RDP to connect to our Terminal Server. After the connection is established a popup window shows the following message: Remote Desktop Connection has encounted a problem and needs to close.

I had this happen on another machine and was able to find a resolution to the problem, but I can't recall where I found it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Have you tried to reinstall the client software? Go to
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/tools/rdclientdl.mspx to
redownload it.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:11:04 -0700, "Tanya"
<Tanya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I hope I haven't overlooked a solution to this issue, but we have an Win XP Pro pc that we use RDP to connect to our Terminal Server. After the connection is established a popup window shows the following message: Remote Desktop Connection has encounted a problem and needs to close.
>
>I had this happen on another machine and was able to find a resolution to the problem, but I can't recall where I found it. Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks

tanya

Thanks for the suggestion, however, we have already tried reinstalling the remote desktop client. :)

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> Have you tried to reinstall the client software? Go to
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/tools/rdclientdl.mspx to
> redownload it.
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:11:04 -0700, "Tanya"
> <Tanya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I hope I haven't overlooked a solution to this issue, but we have an Win XP Pro pc that we use RDP to connect to our Terminal Server. After the connection is established a popup window shows the following message: Remote Desktop Connection has encounted a problem and needs to close.
> >
> >I had this happen on another machine and was able to find a resolution to the problem, but I can't recall where I found it. Any suggestions?
> >
> >Thanks

tanya

We have tried removing and reinstalling the remote desktop client, however, the problem persists. :)

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> Have you tried to reinstall the client software? Go to
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/tools/rdclientdl.mspx to
> redownload it.
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:11:04 -0700, "Tanya"
> <Tanya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I hope I haven't overlooked a solution to this issue, but we have an Win XP Pro pc that we use RDP to connect to our Terminal Server. After the connection is established a popup window shows the following message: Remote Desktop Connection has encounted a problem and needs to close.
> >
> >I had this happen on another machine and was able to find a resolution to the problem, but I can't recall where I found it. Any suggestions?
> >
> >Thanks

The next step would be to look in the Application event log to see if
a more detailed message is "logged" that could help diagnose why this
happening.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:53:06 -0700, "Tanya"