Setting Environment Variables / Changing Registry via cmd...

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any way to edit the
environment variables and/or the registry (adding a String
value) on the REMOTE computer via command line. I have
access to the \\REMOTE_computer\c$ via a mapped network
drive.

--dk
5 answers Last reply
More about setting environment variables changing registry

    Perhaps I should rephrase my question.

    Is there any way to edit the registry of a REMOTE computer
    if you only have access to it via a mapped network drive?

    --dk

    No Remote Desktop?

    Daniel Kim wrote:
    > Perhaps I should rephrase my question.
    >
    > Is there any way to edit the registry of a REMOTE computer
    > if you only have access to it via a mapped network drive?
    >
    > --dk

    You might ask in microsoft.public.windows.server.scripting if no good answer
    appears here.

    The folks who script stuff are likely to know more about this.

    "Daniel Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Perhaps I should rephrase my question.
    >
    > Is there any way to edit the registry of a REMOTE computer
    > if you only have access to it via a mapped network drive?
    >
    > --dk

    Not without being able to run an app on that machine (or have the
    Remote Registry service available)...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:01:41 -0700, "Daniel Kim"

    >Perhaps I should rephrase my question.
    >
    >Is there any way to edit the registry of a REMOTE computer
    >if you only have access to it via a mapped network drive?
    >
    >--dk

  5. Quote:

    Not without being able to run an app on that machine (or have the
    Remote Registry service available)...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:01:41 -0700, "Daniel Kim"

    >Perhaps I should rephrase my question.
    >
    >Is there any way to edit the registry of a REMOTE computer
    >if you only have access to it via a mapped network drive?
    >
    >--dk

    If your machines in windows XP

    then connect the remote machines using computer managment right click on the remotly connected machines >> select properties option

Environment Variables Computers Registry Command Prompt Windows XP