Windows XP VPN working, but no network resources

I have finally after 3 weeks of research found the simple way of
creating a Windows XP VPN Server. The connection is made with no
problem and I have access to the resources on the VPN server but not
the network.
On the VPN server I did check the box to give permission to network
resource and I also assigned IP from 192.168.0.110 to 192.168.0.150.
All the computers including mine are member of the same Workgroup. I
am sure there is a simple answer to this problem, please someone be
kind enough to answer it or point me to a detailed answer.
Thank you,
Alan.
3 answers Last reply
More about windows working network resources

    Hi Alan,

    When you said you checked the box to give permission to
    network resource on the server, where did you find that
    box. I re-did the setup for the vpn through the "create
    a new connection wizard" and I did not see that box.
    Could you point to where I can find that. I too have
    been working on this for many days and still my
    connection hangs verifying username/password.

    Bruce

    I FOUND THE ANSWER. After I connect to the VPN I ping all of the local
    ip addresses to make sure I have a connection. Then instead of using
    the name of a drive I use there local IP addresses. This solved my
    problem and I can freely map network drives. However, I have a new
    problem, it is awfully slow. Is there any way to make it faster? The
    VPN server is cable connected and the VPN client is DSL connected.
    To make a terrific VPN server and anser your questions check out this
    site www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn_server.htm

    The speed is dependent on the speed of the slowest links between the
    two machines. There is a slight bandwidth loss due to the encryption
    and encapsulation overhead...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On 22 Jul 2004 20:24:06 -0700, aspireasset@hotmail.com (Alan S.)
    wrote:

    >I FOUND THE ANSWER. After I connect to the VPN I ping all of the local
    >ip addresses to make sure I have a connection. Then instead of using
    >the name of a drive I use there local IP addresses. This solved my
    >problem and I can freely map network drives. However, I have a new
    >problem, it is awfully slow. Is there any way to make it faster? The
    >VPN server is cable connected and the VPN client is DSL connected.
    >To make a terrific VPN server and anser your questions check out this
    >site www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn_server.htm

Windows XP VPN Servers