Remote desktop changes display settings

Can anyone suggest a reason why when a user Remote desktops into our office network, his office display settings are changed to the settings of his home machine, meaning he must change them when he gets back to the office

any ideas?

nige

What types of settings are changed? If you are talking about the
order or location of items on the desktop, they may be re-arranged if
you have auto-arranged enabled and a user logs in at a different
resolution.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:04:04 -0700, "Dabwang4363"
<Dabwang4363@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Can anyone suggest a reason why when a user Remote desktops into our office network, his office display settings are changed to the settings of his home machine, meaning he must change them when he gets back to the office
>
>any ideas?
>
>nige

settings like resolution and refresh rate are changed to the home settings. is there a way of stopping ths from happeneing so that the original settings of the office PC are kept?

Nige