Remote desktop changes display settings

Can anyone suggest a reason why when a user Remote desktops into our office network, his office display settings are changed to the settings of his home machine, meaning he must change them when he gets back to the office

any ideas?

nige
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop display settings

    What types of settings are changed? If you are talking about the
    order or location of items on the desktop, they may be re-arranged if
    you have auto-arranged enabled and a user logs in at a different
    resolution.

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:04:04 -0700, "Dabwang4363"
    <Dabwang4363@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Can anyone suggest a reason why when a user Remote desktops into our office network, his office display settings are changed to the settings of his home machine, meaning he must change them when he gets back to the office
    >
    >any ideas?
    >
    >nige

    settings like resolution and refresh rate are changed to the home settings. is there a way of stopping ths from happeneing so that the original settings of the office PC are kept?

    Nige

    "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

    > What types of settings are changed? If you are talking about the
    > order or location of items on the desktop, they may be re-arranged if
    > you have auto-arranged enabled and a user logs in at a different
    > resolution.
    >
    > Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

    > On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:04:04 -0700, "Dabwang4363"
    > <Dabwang4363@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Can anyone suggest a reason why when a user Remote desktops into our office network, his office display settings are changed to the settings of his home machine, meaning he must change them when he gets back to the office
    > >
    > >any ideas?
    > >
    > >nige

Remote Desktop Office Windows XP Displays