Nero DVD Menu....help help help

Ok, so I wanna record about 100 thirty second clips
of video onto a disc. Problem is, Nero wants to put each clip
on the menu of the dvd. I don't want that. I want
only a few of the clips to have menu shots. But of
course if you delete, that clip will no longer be burned.

Help a dumb guy please!
2 answers Last reply
More about nero menu help help

    "Ryan" <Mcfly8586@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, so I wanna record about 100 thirty second clips
    > of video onto a disc. Problem is, Nero wants to put each clip
    > on the menu of the dvd. I don't want that. I want
    > only a few of the clips to have menu shots. But of
    > course if you delete, that clip will no longer be burned.
    >
    > Help a dumb guy please!

    I've only used Nero for copying DVDs, but Ulead's VideoStudio 8 is pretty
    flexible in this area. (DVD menu creation)
    One of the options is:-
    You can let it automatically list all the clips (by creating thumbnails) and
    then delete just the thumbnails you don't want. It will then join all the
    clips together in one data stream, which may or may not be what you want.

    --
    M Stewart
    Milton Keynes, UK

    "Malcolm Stewart" <malcolm_stewart@megalith.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
    message news:cmp7it$f35$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
    > "Ryan" <Mcfly8586@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> Ok, so I wanna record about 100 thirty second clips
    >> of video onto a disc. Problem is, Nero wants to put each clip
    >> on the menu of the dvd. I don't want that. I want
    >> only a few of the clips to have menu shots. But of
    >> course if you delete, that clip will no longer be burned.
    >>
    >> Help a dumb guy please!
    >
    > I've only used Nero for copying DVDs, but Ulead's VideoStudio 8 is pretty
    > flexible in this area. (DVD menu creation)
    > One of the options is:-
    > You can let it automatically list all the clips (by creating thumbnails)
    > and
    > then delete just the thumbnails you don't want. It will then join all the
    > clips together in one data stream, which may or may not be what you want.
    >
    > --
    > M Stewart
    > Milton Keynes, UK
    > http://www.megalith.freeserve.co.uk/oddimage.htm

    TMPGEnc DVD Author has a page that lets you select
    which chapters will be displayed, in the menu. It has a
    list of thumbnails with a check boxes next to them, just
    un-check the ones you don't want to appear in the menu.
    The chapter points will still be in the navigation data, and
    will work with the "Next" button. The menus have a "Title/
    Track" with "Chapters" structure. You can have a "Main/
    Title" menu that lists your "Titles/Tracks" which can just
    play the "Title/Track" or take you to "Track Menus" that
    list the Chapters for that "Title/Track".

    You would organize your 100 clips into related "Titles/
    Tracks" which will contain clips that all have the same
    parameters. You can have clips with different parameters
    on the same DVD but they have to be in separate "Titles/
    Tracks".

    Luck;
    Ken

Tuner Cards DVD Video Nero Graphics