Nero DVD Menu....help help help

Ryan

Ok, so I wanna record about 100 thirty second clips
of video onto a disc. Problem is, Nero wants to put each clip
on the menu of the dvd. I don't want that. I want
only a few of the clips to have menu shots. But of
course if you delete, that clip will no longer be burned.

Help a dumb guy please!

"Ryan" <Mcfly8586@aol.com> wrote in message
> Ok, so I wanna record about 100 thirty second clips
> of video onto a disc. Problem is, Nero wants to put each clip
> on the menu of the dvd. I don't want that. I want
> only a few of the clips to have menu shots. But of
> course if you delete, that clip will no longer be burned.
>
> Help a dumb guy please!

I've only used Nero for copying DVDs, but Ulead's VideoStudio 8 is pretty
flexible in this area. (DVD menu creation)
One of the options is:-
You can let it automatically list all the clips (by creating thumbnails) and
then delete just the thumbnails you don't want. It will then join all the
clips together in one data stream, which may or may not be what you want.

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

"Malcolm Stewart" <malcolm_stewart@megalith.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:cmp7it$f35$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> "Ryan" <Mcfly8586@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Ok, so I wanna record about 100 thirty second clips
>> of video onto a disc. Problem is, Nero wants to put each clip
>> on the menu of the dvd. I don't want that. I want
>> only a few of the clips to have menu shots. But of
>> course if you delete, that clip will no longer be burned.
>>
>> Help a dumb guy please!
>
> I've only used Nero for copying DVDs, but Ulead's VideoStudio 8 is pretty
> flexible in this area. (DVD menu creation)
> One of the options is:-
> You can let it automatically list all the clips (by creating thumbnails)
> and
> then delete just the thumbnails you don't want. It will then join all the
> clips together in one data stream, which may or may not be what you want.
>
> --
> M Stewart
> Milton Keynes, UK
> http://www.megalith.freeserve.co.uk/oddimage.htm

TMPGEnc DVD Author has a page that lets you select
which chapters will be displayed, in the menu. It has a
list of thumbnails with a check boxes next to them, just
un-check the ones you don't want to appear in the menu.
The chapter points will still be in the navigation data, and
will work with the "Next" button. The menus have a "Title/
Track" with "Chapters" structure. You can have a "Main/
Title" menu that lists your "Titles/Tracks" which can just
play the "Title/Track" or take you to "Track Menus" that
list the Chapters for that "Title/Track".

You would organize your 100 clips into related "Titles/
Tracks" which will contain clips that all have the same
parameters. You can have clips with different parameters
on the same DVD but they have to be in separate "Titles/
Tracks".

Luck;
Ken

TRENDING THREADS