Mouse lock up problem

i have a MS Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1A and when i play cs, the crosshair just
seems to lock up in one spot for 1/2 to 1sec then continues to move again.
This doesn't happen on the desktop or when im playing another game eg bf1942
so i dont think it is a hardware problem. any suggestions on how i could fix
this?

thanks.

I've had the same problem. it seems like the desktop and mouse freezes for a
brief time. I looked around for a solution on steampowered forum, and I
found som "tips". What I did was to uninstall my mouse driver and install a
new one.

For me, this was MS intellipoint 4, and I installed the newest driver,
intellipoint 5. I think that you can just exiting your mousedriver from the
task list before you play. it's called point32.exe(mine is anyway). This
will have the same effect, but you won't be able to use alle the buttons( 4
and 5 in my case)