Make Windows XP auto-dial in background

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Hi all,

I have a problem on how to make Windows XP automatically dial my ISP in
background, while no user is logged on yet onto the machine? E.g. if I
access / restart the computer remotely, I need it then to reconnect to
the ISP w/o human intervention...

Thanks
George

There may be more than one way to solve this one, but the way I've chosen is
to do an autologon.

Get the tweakui powertoy from www.microsoft.com and use it to set a user to
autologon. Make sure auto-dialling is set up, and make sure something
starts which requires Internet access.