Using Remote Desktop Access

Hello - I just bought a new computer with Windows XP Professional. I know the following qwestion has probably been asked several times before (and I did read the posts regarding this) but I am still not clearon something. Can I use Remote Desktop to access my computer using another computer that has access to the internet. The computer with Windows XP Professional is my home computer and is not part of a network or anything like that. On this computer I use AOL with a dial-up connection that I will soon be changing to Comcast high spped internet. The computoer I will be using to access my home computer will be one of the computers at school (I am a teacher). These school computers are on a network and I can not load or download any software, drivers, or anything at all. However, they do have internet access. Can I access my home computer using the school computers? If so, how do I do that? Thank you.

bar

The quick reply is that YES it is possible.

You need to have remote management 'Windows Messenger' on both PCs.

Problem could arise in the structure / infrastructure of the school network.

Check with the IT department to see if the firewall will prevent this happening.