shutdown / remote shutdown

i need to know the simplest way to set my win2kpro
machine to shutdown instead of hibernate after a certain
amount of time...say 30 min of inactivity.
if thats not possible, how do i set my machine(XPpro) to
shutdown the win2kpro machine remotely?

Local shutdown - use scripting with time cycle and execute
shutdown -s -t 0
if the inactivity condition is met.

> set my machine(XPpro) to shutdown the win2kpro machine remotely?
shutdown -s -m \\ip.address.or.name -t 0
You are expected to do it with appropriate rights.

See other parameters of shutdown, when you need to end the running
application(s)....
-s means shutdown
-t means the time elapsed before the PC is actually down
-m means remote. The ip address or name is needed, depending
on the name resolution (none for ip address, DNS-FQDN= fully
qualified domain name, WINS-"simple friendly name")

Rgds,
Milos