PocketPC RDP client: connection port and colors configurab..

Luis

I read old posts where it was explained that the PocketPC client for Remote
Desktop cannot be configured to:

- connect to a port other than the default one (I need this option)
- use less colors, to optimize the traffic (I will use it on a GPRS
connection)

Is still this the situation? Or newer versions have solved this limitations?

Thanks in advance for your precious support.

Luis

No change... except to say there is a registry hack, that I have not tried, that allows you to
change the port TSC calls on...

Look at this old thread from the microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless news group for what may be the
registry key. Note that I have not tried this so I can't say for sure if it works or not.

hkcu_software_terminal server client_default_server Port

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=8bc1f8c64c4c11ec&seekm=euTlAAI9DHA.3012%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl#link5

As always, YMMV...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)