Premiere Pro: Why does a 320 x 240 MPEG-1 file look squish..

I use Premiere Pro 1.5. This may be a basic question, but when I use
the Adobe media encoder to export to a 320 x 240 .wmv file it looks
normal, but when I export to a similar bitrate (700 kbs) mpeg file it
looks squished vertically so that it is shorter and more rectangular
looking. In windows explorer they both show up as 320 x 240 when right
clicked for properties but the mpegs are definitely "squished". Same
thing happens with the mpegs when I export as an AVI and use Cleaner
XL to make the MPEGs! Anyone have an idea?

> I use Premiere Pro 1.5. This may be a basic question, but when I use
> the Adobe media encoder to export to a 320 x 240 .wmv file it looks
> normal, but when I export to a similar bitrate (700 kbs) mpeg file it
> looks squished vertically so that it is shorter and more rectangular
> looking. In windows explorer they both show up as 320 x 240 when right
> clicked for properties but the mpegs are definitely "squished". Same
> thing happens with the mpegs when I export as an AVI and use Cleaner
> XL to make the MPEGs! Anyone have an idea?

Sounds like a pixel ratio aspect problem to me.