Looking for recommendations for editing software

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 12, 2004 10:50:46 PM

I have purchased a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-250 card for the purpose of using it
as a PVR to record TV broadcasts. I had recorded game 4 of the World Series
and wanted to edit out the commercial. This card comes with a built in
editor called
Nanocosmos MPEG tools. The problem I have with it is that to me at least,
it is akward to use. That is to get to the exact point of the video you
want to edit out, you have to use the slide bar which is not precise enough.
I suppose what I'm looking for is something similar to a jog/shuttle type
control similar to those found on editing VHS decks. Is there a reasonably
priced software that has such a feature or can anyone recommend a good
editing software program. Keep in mind that I'm only looking for something
to edit out commercials and not for any fancy professional type work, hence
the need for "reasonably priced" (below $80 street price maybe?) software.
Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 10:50:47 PM

> control similar to those found on editing VHS decks. Is there a
reasonably
> priced software that has such a feature or can anyone recommend a good
> editing software program. Keep in mind that I'm only looking for
something
> to edit out commercials and not for any fancy professional type work,
hence
> the need for "reasonably priced" (below $80 street price maybe?) software.

Bump up your price to $120 USD and here's your solution:

http://www.womble.com/mvw-text.htm
Anonymous
November 13, 2004 12:04:31 AM

"Mark M" <mark@onworldsedge.com> wrote in message
news:o Tbld.10608$WC6.7358@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
>> control similar to those found on editing VHS decks. Is there a
> reasonably
>> priced software that has such a feature or can anyone recommend a good
>> editing software program. Keep in mind that I'm only looking for
> something
>> to edit out commercials and not for any fancy professional type work,
> hence
>> the need for "reasonably priced" (below $80 street price maybe?)
>> software.
>
> Bump up your price to $120 USD and here's your solution:
>
> http://www.womble.com/mvw-text.htm

Bump down your price to $60 USD and here's your solution:

www.VideoReDo.com Fast, frame accurate, insures audio sync,
has some great extra tools, and is very configurable. I have mine
setup so that my mouse wheel moves it one frame at a time.

Luck;
Ken
November 13, 2004 2:50:52 AM

try Microsofts Movie Maker (MM2 free in XP) will do what you want.
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 11:58:27 PM

"Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> "Mark M" <mark@onworldsedge.com> wrote in message
> news:o Tbld.10608$WC6.7358@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
>>> control similar to those found on editing VHS decks. Is there a
>> reasonably
>>> priced software that has such a feature or can anyone recommend a good
>>> editing software program. Keep in mind that I'm only looking for
>> something
>>> to edit out commercials and not for any fancy professional type work,
>> hence
>>> the need for "reasonably priced" (below $80 street price maybe?)
>>> software.
>>
>> Bump up your price to $120 USD and here's your solution:
>>
>> http://www.womble.com/mvw-text.htm
>>

> Bump down your price to $60 USD and here's your solution:
Thanks. I've downloaded the trial version and so far it seems to be just
what I'm looking for it. Also the price is down to 49.99

!