Basic RD Questions

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

If I connect to my home XP Pro system from my work, is it possible to see
what I'm doing on the monitor at home?

Is it possible for someone at home to log into the system (with their own
user logon) and use the PC while I'm logged in remotely?

frank wrote:
> If I connect to my home XP Pro system from my work, is it possible to
> see what I'm doing on the monitor at home?
>
> Is it possible for someone at home to log into the system (with their
> own user logon) and use the PC while I'm logged in remotely?

No to both questions.

(Well, with a minor revision for the No to the first question, if you use
remote assistance and the person in front of the computer allows you
access..)

--
<- Shenan ->

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
> frank wrote:
> > If I connect to my home XP Pro system from my work, is it possible to
> > see what I'm doing on the monitor at home?
> >
> > Is it possible for someone at home to log into the system (with their
> > own user logon) and use the PC while I'm logged in remotely?
>
> No to both questions.
>
> (Well, with a minor revision for the No to the first question, if you use
> remote assistance and the person in front of the computer allows you
> access..)

What happens if someone tries to log on while I'm remotely connected? What
error message is displayed?

Thanks for the answer.

frank wrote:
> What happens if someone tries to log on while I'm remotely connected?
> What error message is displayed?
>
> Thanks for the answer.

No problem.

If the other user is an administrator, you will be logged off.
They see "This machine is locked by "username" and can only be unlocked by
them or an administrator" - they can press CTRL+ALT+DEL and log in as
themselves (if they are an administrator) or as *the* admin, if they know
that and log you off.

--
<- Shenan ->