Wireless Network/Internet Access

I have a NETGEAR wireless adapter. My laptop acknowledges the adapter, but I
can't access the internet or my desktop, which is conneted to the NETGEAR
adapter via ethernet. Can anyone help me? I can ping the wireless adapter.

Any help would be appreciated
--
Steph
4 answers Last reply

    Hi
    May be this can Help.

    Wireless - BasicSecurity: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a NETGEAR wireless adapter. My laptop acknowledges the adapter,
    but I
    > can't access the internet or my desktop, which is conneted to the NETGEAR
    > adapter via ethernet. Can anyone help me? I can ping the wireless
    adapter.

    > Any help would be appreciated
    > --
    > Steph

    try here:
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/
    mike

    "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a NETGEAR wireless adapter. My laptop acknowledges the adapter,
    but I
    > can't access the internet or my desktop, which is conneted to the NETGEAR
    > adapter via ethernet. Can anyone help me? I can ping the wireless
    adapter.

    > Any help would be appreciated
    > --
    > Steph

    ---

    More information would be helpful.
    It sounds as though you have a Netgear Router with wireless and ethernet
    capabilities, a desktop computer and a laptop computer.
    What is the operating system and patch level (SP2?). Make and model of the
    computers and router?
    My most recent encounter with Netgear wireless was solved with a firware
    upgrade for the router.

    "Stephanie" wrote:

    > I have a NETGEAR wireless adapter. My laptop acknowledges the adapter, but I
    > can't access the internet or my desktop, which is conneted to the NETGEAR
    > adapter via ethernet. Can anyone help me? I can ping the wireless adapter.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated
    > --
    > Steph

    Hi
    May be this can Help.
    Wireless - BasicSecurity: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a NETGEAR wireless adapter. My laptop acknowledges the adapter,
    but I
    > can't access the internet or my desktop, which is conneted to the NETGEAR
    > adapter via ethernet. Can anyone help me? I can ping the wireless
    adapter.

    > Any help would be appreciated
    > --
    > Steph