Wireless Network/Internet Access

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
October 16, 2004 9:07:02 PM

I have a NETGEAR wireless adapter. My laptop acknowledges the adapter, but I
can't access the internet or my desktop, which is conneted to the NETGEAR
adapter via ethernet. Can anyone help me? I can ping the wireless adapter.

Any help would be appreciated
--
Steph
October 17, 2004 2:49:29 AM

Hi
May be this can Help.

Wireless - BasicSecurity: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a NETGEAR wireless adapter. My laptop acknowledges the adapter,
but I
> can't access the internet or my desktop, which is conneted to the NETGEAR
> adapter via ethernet. Can anyone help me? I can ping the wireless
adapter.

> Any help would be appreciated
> --
> Steph
October 17, 2004 4:43:39 AM

try here:
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/
mike

"Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a NETGEAR wireless adapter. My laptop acknowledges the adapter,
but I
> can't access the internet or my desktop, which is conneted to the NETGEAR
> adapter via ethernet. Can anyone help me? I can ping the wireless
adapter.

> Any help would be appreciated
> --
> Steph

---
October 17, 2004 7:09:02 AM

More information would be helpful.
It sounds as though you have a Netgear Router with wireless and ethernet
capabilities, a desktop computer and a laptop computer.
What is the operating system and patch level (SP2?). Make and model of the
computers and router?
My most recent encounter with Netgear wireless was solved with a firware
upgrade for the router.

"Stephanie" wrote:

> I have a NETGEAR wireless adapter. My laptop acknowledges the adapter, but I
> can't access the internet or my desktop, which is conneted to the NETGEAR
> adapter via ethernet. Can anyone help me? I can ping the wireless adapter.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
> --
> Steph
October 17, 2004 3:55:16 PM

Hi
May be this can Help.
Wireless - BasicSecurity: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).Jack (MVP-Networking).

!