slide show software

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 15, 2004 12:22:35 AM

I still searching for a decent slide show software to output to CD, DVD, PC
or Web

Most I have tried do not perform well in sorting 100's of pictures

I would like to be able to quickly order slides like on a lighted sorting
table

any thoughts

I've tried the product from ulead, nero, etc. all are very awkward in
moving slide order about

More about : slide show software

Anonymous
November 15, 2004 12:22:36 AM

"Steven Toney" <toneys@ibm.net> wrote in message
>I still searching for a decent slide show software to output to CD, DVD, PC
>or Web
>
> Most I have tried do not perform well in sorting 100's of pictures
>
> I would like to be able to quickly order slides like on a lighted sorting
> table
>
> any thoughts
>
> I've tried the product from ulead, nero, etc. all are very awkward in
> moving slide order about

Check out www.magix.com and find the product that fits.
Then Froogle for it. You should find something for <$20.

Luck;
Ken
November 15, 2004 1:00:19 AM

"Steven Toney" <toneys@ibm.net> wrote in message
> I still searching for a decent slide show software to output to CD, DVD,
PC
> or Web
>
> Most I have tried do not perform well in sorting 100's of pictures
>
> I would like to be able to quickly order slides like on a lighted sorting
> table
>
> any thoughts
>
> I've tried the product from ulead, nero, etc. all are very awkward in
> moving slide order about

Slide Show Movie Maker - freeware from

http://www.joern-thiemann.de/subpage/index.htm?/tools/s...

It has a 2GB limit on output (video) files that it produces, and can
compress output using any installed video codecs.

I used it for some time lapse capture to video projects and it can handle a
folder with hundreds of pictures no problems.

Martin.

PS It cannot output MPEG video - only AVI formats.
Related resources
November 15, 2004 10:13:46 AM

Have you tried Pinnacle Studio 9?

Something to keep in mind with your requires to "perform well in sorting
100's of pictures" isn't necessarily the software - that's alot of resources
to be loaded into memory. What are the specs of your computer - processor,
RAM, hard drive speed. Those will all have a very big impact on the ability
to sort 100's of pictures...

"Steven Toney" <toneys@ibm.net> wrote in message
> I still searching for a decent slide show software to output to CD, DVD,
PC
> or Web
>
> Most I have tried do not perform well in sorting 100's of pictures
>
> I would like to be able to quickly order slides like on a lighted sorting
> table
>
> any thoughts
>
> I've tried the product from ulead, nero, etc. all are very awkward in
> moving slide order about

November 15, 2004 7:11:46 PM

"Steven Toney" <toneys@ibm.net> wrote in message news:<v0Qld.26567$KJ6.18112@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> I still searching for a decent slide show software to output to CD, DVD, PC
> or Web
>
> Most I have tried do not perform well in sorting 100's of pictures
>
> I would like to be able to quickly order slides like on a lighted sorting
> table
>
> any thoughts
>
> I've tried the product from ulead, nero, etc. all are very awkward in
> moving slide order about

Take a look at ProShow Gold at
<http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/&gt;

I haven't pushed it to "100s of pictures" but it worked well when I
had almost 100. Crystal clear output.

Eric
!