slide show software

I still searching for a decent slide show software to output to CD, DVD, PC
or Web

Most I have tried do not perform well in sorting 100's of pictures

I would like to be able to quickly order slides like on a lighted sorting
table

any thoughts

I've tried the product from ulead, nero, etc. all are very awkward in
moving slide order about
4 answers Last reply
More about slide show software

    "Steven Toney" <toneys@ibm.net> wrote in message
    >I still searching for a decent slide show software to output to CD, DVD, PC
    >or Web
    >
    > Most I have tried do not perform well in sorting 100's of pictures
    >
    > I would like to be able to quickly order slides like on a lighted sorting
    > table
    >
    > any thoughts
    >
    > I've tried the product from ulead, nero, etc. all are very awkward in
    > moving slide order about

    Check out www.magix.com and find the product that fits.
    Then Froogle for it. You should find something for <$20.

    Luck;
    Ken

    "Steven Toney" <toneys@ibm.net> wrote in message
    > I still searching for a decent slide show software to output to CD, DVD,
    PC
    > or Web
    >
    > Most I have tried do not perform well in sorting 100's of pictures
    >
    > I would like to be able to quickly order slides like on a lighted sorting
    > table
    >
    > any thoughts
    >
    > I've tried the product from ulead, nero, etc. all are very awkward in
    > moving slide order about

    Slide Show Movie Maker - freeware from

    http://www.joern-thiemann.de/subpage/index.htm?/tools/ssmm/

    It has a 2GB limit on output (video) files that it produces, and can
    compress output using any installed video codecs.

    I used it for some time lapse capture to video projects and it can handle a
    folder with hundreds of pictures no problems.

    Martin.

    PS It cannot output MPEG video - only AVI formats.

    Have you tried Pinnacle Studio 9?

    Something to keep in mind with your requires to "perform well in sorting
    100's of pictures" isn't necessarily the software - that's alot of resources
    to be loaded into memory. What are the specs of your computer - processor,
    RAM, hard drive speed. Those will all have a very big impact on the ability
    to sort 100's of pictures...

    "Steven Toney" <toneys@ibm.net> wrote in message
    > I still searching for a decent slide show software to output to CD, DVD,
    PC
    > or Web
    >
    > Most I have tried do not perform well in sorting 100's of pictures
    >
    > I would like to be able to quickly order slides like on a lighted sorting
    > table
    >
    > any thoughts
    >
    > I've tried the product from ulead, nero, etc. all are very awkward in
    > moving slide order about

    "Steven Toney" <toneys@ibm.net> wrote in message news:<v0Qld.26567$KJ6.18112@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
    > I still searching for a decent slide show software to output to CD, DVD, PC
    > or Web
    >
    > Most I have tried do not perform well in sorting 100's of pictures
    >
    > I would like to be able to quickly order slides like on a lighted sorting
    > table
    >
    > any thoughts
    >
    > I've tried the product from ulead, nero, etc. all are very awkward in
    > moving slide order about

    Take a look at ProShow Gold at
    <http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/>

    I haven't pushed it to "100s of pictures" but it worked well when I
    had almost 100. Crystal clear output.

    Eric

Tuner Cards Desktops Software Graphics