Setup remote desktop using Dial-up connection

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Hi All,
I want to use Remote Desktop on XP Pro machine which is not connected to Internet. Can I dial that computer directly, establish the connection and use Remote Desktop ? If yes, please tell me how?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about setup remote desktop dial connection
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    Yes you can...

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=86cecb8c13318355&seekm=ubEB20FCEHA.1548%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl#link2

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual benefit of all of us...
    The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...

    "Rakesh" <Rakesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:52E2CA47-1C99-40E3-9A53-70D48FD64334@microsoft.com...
    > Hi All,
    > I want to use Remote Desktop on XP Pro machine which is not connected to Internet. Can I dial that
    > computer directly, establish the connection and use Remote Desktop ? If yes, please tell me how?
    >
    > Thanks
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    Thanks Sooner,

    It works. Is it possible that somebody at host computer can see what I am doing ?

    - Rakesh

    "Sooner Al" wrote:

    > Yes you can...
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=86cecb8c13318355&seekm=ubEB20FCEHA.1548%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl#link2
    >
    > --
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
    >
    > Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual benefit of all of us...
    > The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...
    >
    > "Rakesh" <Rakesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:52E2CA47-1C99-40E3-9A53-70D48FD64334@microsoft.com...
    > > Hi All,
    > > I want to use Remote Desktop on XP Pro machine which is not connected to Internet. Can I dial that
    > > computer directly, establish the connection and use Remote Desktop ? If yes, please tell me how?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    >
    >
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    In message <3DD8E03B-A3F7-454F-A005-3C8ECCEDAC7F@microsoft.com>,
    =?Utf-8?B?UmFrZXNo?= <Rakesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > Thanks Sooner,
    >
    > It works. Is it possible that somebody at host computer can see what I am
    doing ?
    >
    > - Rakesh
    >

    No...not with Remote Desktop. If you use Remote Assistance or UltraVNC (with
    the encryption plug-in) you can.

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    --
    Posted with Ink Spot (for PocketPC) from DejaVu Software, Inc.
    Usenet wherever you are - http://www.dejavusoftware.com/
  4. HI Rakesh,

    Whats the solution ?
    How did you get the remote connectio on dial up without internet.

    Could you please help me? my email id is pankajinchips@yahoo.com

    regards,
    pankaj

    Rakesh said:
    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    Thanks Sooner,

    It works. Is it possible that somebody at host computer can see what I am doing ?

    - Rakesh

    "Sooner Al" wrote:

    > Yes you can...
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=86cecb8c13318355&seekm=ubEB20FCEHA.1548%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl#link2
    >
    > --
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
    >
    > Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual benefit of all of us...
    > The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...
    >
    > "Rakesh" <Rakesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:52E2CA47-1C99-40E3-9A53-70D48FD64334@microsoft.com...
    > > Hi All,
    > > I want to use Remote Desktop on XP Pro machine which is not connected to Internet. Can I dial that
    > > computer directly, establish the connection and use Remote Desktop ? If yes, please tell me how?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    >
    >
Ask a new question

Read More

Remote Desktop Dial Up Connection Microsoft Windows XP