Remote Desktop Problem-Please Help!

July 29, 2004 11:17:01 PM

I am able to use my computer and connect to others but in my control panal /system /remote section I do not have to option for others to connect to me...

More about : remote desktop problem

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 7:52:19 AM

Flyingfalcon wrote:
> I am able to use my computer and connect to others but in my control
> panal /system /remote section I do not have to option for others to
> connect to me...

Okay - what OS?

Windows XP Home only has Remote Assistance - no Remote Desktop.

--
<- Shenan ->
July 30, 2004 10:07:01 AM

you know what.....your right....I was just looking at the professional box....I have found on microsoft site a place to download remote desktop but it tells me that I already have a built in version...How do I get remote desktop on Xp Home Edition

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Flyingfalcon wrote:
> > I am able to use my computer and connect to others but in my control
> > panal /system /remote section I do not have to option for others to
> > connect to me...
>

> Okay - what OS?
>
> Windows XP Home only has Remote Assistance - no Remote Desktop.
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->
> --
> The information is provided "as is", with no guarantees of
> completeness, accuracy or timeliness, and without warranties of any
> kind, express or implied. In other words, read up before you take any
> advice - you are the one ultimately responsible for your actions.

July 30, 2004 1:39:10 PM

Flyingfalcon wrote:
> you know what.....your right....I was just looking at the
> professional box....I have found on microsoft site a place to
> download remote desktop but it tells me that I already have a built
> in version...How do I get remote desktop on Xp Home Edition

Well, if you must have "Remote Desktop" in particular - you purchase Windows
XP Professional upgrade and you upgrade away.

Or you can look into using UltraVNC (free) :

ultravnc.sourceforge.net

--
<- Shenan ->
July 30, 2004 2:59:02 PM