Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,
When i try to use remote desktop to connect to my XP pro
machine I will receive an error message: The local policy
of this system does not permit you to logon interactively

I have added that account to the remote desktop group also
the allow remote connection box is checked, even thou the
account is a member of admin group, it still canot logon
remotely.
This machine recently has been upgraded from 2000 to XP
pro.

Thanks for any help-Rob

You need to add the Remote Desktop users group to the "Allow logon
through Terminal Services" User Rights Assignment (via Group Policy -
gpedit.msc => Computer Configuration => Security Options....)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 06:51:14 -0700, "Rob"