software

Thanks again for your responses. Since I'm a beginner, I'll probably just
start with the Windows XP movie software. I saw demo on a show called "Dotto
Tech", a Canadian computer show. It looked fairly easy to use and I'm just
basically looking to edit out home movies and add some titles and
transitions. If down the line I want to do a little more, I heard the
Pinacle software was pretty good. I heard Vegas was expensive, is that true?
Maybe I'm thinking of a different package. Like I mentioned in my first
post, my biggest problem was with the horrible artifacting but I guess a lot
of that comes from using an analog camcorder through an all-in-one card and
since I'm going to go with mini-dv, hopefully artifacting will be a thing of
the past.
Anyway, thanks again for your help and patience with a newbie.

atarileaf wrote:
> Thanks again for your responses. Since I'm a beginner, I'll probably
> just start with the Windows XP movie software. I saw demo on a show
> called "Dotto Tech", a Canadian computer show. It looked fairly easy
> to use and I'm just basically looking to edit out home movies and add
> some titles and transitions. If down the line I want to do a little
> more, I heard the Pinacle software was pretty good. I heard Vegas was
> expensive, is that true? Maybe I'm thinking of a different package.
> Like I mentioned in my first post, my biggest problem was with the
> horrible artifacting but I guess a lot of that comes from using an
> analog camcorder through an all-in-one card and since I'm going to go
> with mini-dv, hopefully artifacting will be a thing of the past.
> Anyway, thanks again for your help and patience with a newbie.

Most folks on this group will tell you to stay far away from any Pinnacle
product. For $100 U.S., you can get Vegas Movie Studio+DVD. I guarantee it
has a lot more features & flexibility than MovieMaker and, when you're ready
to step up to the next level, there's an upgrade path to the full version of
Vegas. More info at
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/Products/ShowProduct.asp?PID=932

Mike

Mike Kujbida wrote:

> Most folks on this group will tell you to stay far away from any Pinnacle
> product. For $100 U.S., you can get Vegas Movie Studio+DVD. I guarantee it
> has a lot more features & flexibility than MovieMaker and, when you're ready
> to step up to the next level, there's an upgrade path to the full version of
> Vegas. More info at
> http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/Products/ShowProduct.asp?PID=932

Mind you, there are plenty of people that have used Pinnacle software to
great success. Myself being one of them. When you have one of the
largest user base, you will have "more" people with trouble. While no
software is 100% trouble free, I have find using the DV500Plus and now
Liquid Edition (once you get past the interface/learning curve) a joy.
Why soft/hardware works for one person and not another, I don't know. My
Matrox experience, while excellent with their tech support, their
product just didn't work in my system. Exchanged it for some cash back
and DV500 and it worked the very first time. Same with Liquid and Studio.
I would buy with the option of returning for exchange or refund (like
with Videoguys).
Also, Pinnacle's webforums have been a tremendous help. Very active,
moderators, and very experienced users onboard.
Just my thoughts. And no, not a pinnacle employee.

TRENDING THREADS