Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

I want to cut away a bit of the video in the beginning of a clip, leaving
the audio untouch. Or with two clips, cut the audio of the first clip a bit,
leaving the video run till the end and likewise, trim the video of the
second clip. What does this cutting call and how do I do it in Vegas?

leo wrote:
> I want to cut away a bit of the video in the beginning of a clip,
> leaving the audio untouch. Or with two clips, cut the audio of the
> first clip a bit, leaving the video run till the end and likewise,
> trim the video of the second clip. What does this cutting call and
> how do I do it in Vegas?

Assuming you have Vegas 5, go to
http://www.sundancemediagroup.com/help/kb/kb_scripts.asp (you'll need to
register but it's free - as is almost everything on this site) and get the
"L" and "J" Cut Script.
What this script does:
Prepares event under cursor, and following event, for L or J cut. After
running script, audio and video are still grouped for each event, but you
can now independently trim each event's audio and video. I recommend turning
ripple edit off before using this script.

Mike

rs

Turn of Auto Ripple if you want to keep events from closing up gaps you
leave.

If you Solo a track, you can trim on it without effecting other events. You
may need to Ungroup (Right Click, Ungroup) if the audio is stubborn about
sticking to the video track.

Its pretty easy. Do a little experimenting and you will get the knack. As
always, save before you try something new, and the Undo is there to bail you
out as well.