Incoming Connections

I have a problem in configuring my XP Pro for Callback from a remote Windows
NT PC.

The trouble is that I can't find where I have to configure Callback on my
PC.

In XP Help it says
Open Network Connections
Click Incoming Connections

When I open Networks Connections I don't see anything called Incoming
Connections to click on.

Do I have to install this option or service ? I can't find any reference to
this possibility though.

Any help appreciated

Steve
2 answers Last reply
More about incoming connections

    'Callback' is a server side setting and your remote server should be
    configured for this. Once this is done, from your client, while making a
    connection, you should get a callback message box where you need to type-in
    the number which server should call-back.

    Incoming connections are different. By creating an incoming connection, a
    computer can act as a remote access server if it is running Windows 2000
    Professional, Windows XP Professional, or Windows XP Home Edition, or if it
    is a stand-alone computer running Windows 2000 Server.

    Hope it helps,
    Thanks,
    Dinesh.
    rights."
    "woolstep" <steve_37066@tin.it> wrote in message
    > I have a problem in configuring my XP Pro for Callback from a remote
    Windows
    > NT PC.
    >
    > The trouble is that I can't find where I have to configure Callback on my
    > PC.
    >
    > In XP Help it says
    > Open Network Connections
    > Click Incoming Connections
    >
    > When I open Networks Connections I don't see anything called Incoming
    > Connections to click on.
    >
    > Do I have to install this option or service ? I can't find any reference
    > this possibility though.
    >
    > Any help appreciated
    >
    > Steve

    The server I'm trying to connect to is a WinNT Workstation.
    When I call NT answers, asks me for my call back number and recalls.

    My XP Pro PC (client) replies to the call but then gives me a 678 error
    code.
    On my Xp machine I've having been able to configure Incoming Connections,
    which, I presume, tells XP who can access the machine remotely ( in this
    case the NT Workstaion) because I can't find the place where the
    configuration takes place.
    I don't have the "Click Incoming Conections" link mentioned below.

    Steve

    "Dinesh Agarwal (MSFT)" <dinesha@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > 'Callback' is a server side setting and your remote server should be
    > configured for this. Once this is done, from your client, while making a
    > connection, you should get a callback message box where you need to
    type-in
    > the number which server should call-back.
    >
    > Incoming connections are different. By creating an incoming connection, a
    > computer can act as a remote access server if it is running Windows 2000
    > Professional, Windows XP Professional, or Windows XP Home Edition, or if
    it
    > is a stand-alone computer running Windows 2000 Server.
    >
    > Hope it helps,
    > Thanks,
    > Dinesh.
    > --
    > "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    > rights."
    > "woolstep" <steve_37066@tin.it> wrote in message
    > > I have a problem in configuring my XP Pro for Callback from a remote
    > Windows
    > > NT PC.
    > >
    > > The trouble is that I can't find where I have to configure Callback on
    my
    > > PC.
    > >
    > > In XP Help it says
    > > Open Network Connections
    > > Click Incoming Connections
    > >
    > > When I open Networks Connections I don't see anything called Incoming
    > > Connections to click on.
    > >
    > > Do I have to install this option or service ? I can't find any reference
    > > this possibility though.
    > >
    > > Any help appreciated
    > >
    > > Steve

Windows XP