Can I combine MPEGs with different frame rate on 1 title o..

I'd like to merge 2 mpeg-2 files with the same resolution but with 2 different
playback rate. One is 23.976 (playedback as 29.976 on TV) and another one is
29.976. TMPGenc DVD author allows me to do so and doesn't complain. However,
what could undesireble effects be if in the future I play it on the DVD with
progressive scan output?

--Leonid
2 answers Last reply
More about combine mpegs frame rate title

    "Leonid Makarovsky" <venom@cs.bu.edu> wrote in message

    > I'd like to merge 2 mpeg-2 files with the same resolution but with 2
    > different
    > playback rate. One is 23.976 (playedback as 29.976 on TV) and another one
    > is
    > 29.976. TMPGenc DVD author allows me to do so and doesn't complain.
    > However,
    > what could undesireble effects be if in the future I play it on the DVD
    > with
    > progressive scan output?
    >
    > --Leonid

    Hmm... It sounds like you have your files as separate
    chapters in a track, right? If so what is the framerate
    being reported when each chapter is playing? It is
    possible that TDA is setting the headers to the same
    value, but since not all players pay attention to the
    header settings, they could play each chapter at its
    proper rate. You might just give it a try, it won't
    hurt your player. It might be that the action moves
    a little, some, faster or slower than it should.

    Luck;
    Ken

    Ken Maltby <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    : Hmm... It sounds like you have your files as separate
    : chapters in a track, right? If so what is the framerate
    : being reported when each chapter is playing? It is

    Yeah. I recorded a footage from NTSC source. The footage had the film as a
    source. I used DeComb filter and AVISynth to make it 23.976 progressive.
    However, the very end of the footage is not progressive source, but interlaced
    source. So I splitted it up the main part and the very ending. The progressive
    part was encoded in TMPGenc with 23.976fps(29.976fps internally). The
    interlaced part was encoded just as 29.976fps. VirtualDubMod shows 23.976fps
    of the progressive clip. TMPGenc DVD Author seems to show 29.976fps. On DVD
    I'd like to put these 2 parts back together.

    --Leonid

Tuner Cards DVD Graphics