  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
August 2, 2004 2:18:25 PM

When connecting to remote computer, my local printer does
not automaticly get redirected and become my default
printer.

Even when Local printer is selected.

Both comuters are running windows XP Pro.

More about : remote descktop automatic printing

Anonymous
August 4, 2004 9:11:16 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q302361

See if the above article applies.

The driver for the local printer must be available at the host in order to
print. If the port is being redirected, but the driver is not available,
there will be messages about that in the host system event log.