name change

hi.can anyone help?
im a noob,how do you change your name from "player" to something else?
probably something simple but i only just started playing so please dont
flame me!
cheers!
6 answers Last reply
More about name change

    "marrer" <tw@tting.spammers.die.scum> wrote in message
    > hi.can anyone help?
    > im a noob,how do you change your name from "player" to something else?
    > probably something simple but i only just started playing so please dont
    > flame me!
    > cheers!

    Thats ok, everyone was a newbie once!

    2 ways, go into options on the first screen you come too when you start-up
    CS and delete [Player] and then type in your name and click apply then ok.

    or

    in game, bring down the consol by pressing the key above tab / next to the
    number 1 key, its got a ` on it. then type

    name QuickFire
    (or whatever your name of choice is)

    good luck and have fun m8, just try to enjoy the game... I sometimes get so
    wound up by the hackers/lamers that I wish I was just an innocent noob
    again. hehe, the good old days.

    [#Jilted | Poison]
    www.jiltedgaming.co.uk / www.jiltedweb.co.uk / www.4playgaming.com
    #JiltedGaming / #Jilted / #4play / #cspg.gather

    thanks for the help m8! i got sick of the cheats infesting medal of honour
    so i thought id give this a go.enjoying it so far!
    thank you

    > thanks for the help m8! i got sick of the cheats infesting medal of honour
    > so i thought id give this a go.enjoying it so far!
    > thank you

    Cheats infesting MOH? ..god... and I haven't even tried playing it online
    yet......
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    marrer wrote:

    > hi.can anyone help?
    > im a noob,how do you change your name from "player" to something else?
    > probably something simple but i only just started playing so please dont
    > flame me!
    > cheers!

    Hit "~" while playing CS and type:

    name "<what-you-want-your-name-to-be>"

    or hit "Esc", choose "Settings" and edit the "Nickname" text box and
    click OK.

    -----------------------------
    Thanks,

    Tom "Necromancer" Scott
    Website: http://www.commorragh.org

    Welcome to the Darkness...
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    You can change it by going to console and typing name new name
    John
    On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:39:07 GMT, Tom Scott
    <necromancer@commorragh.org> wrote:

    >marrer wrote:
    >
    >> hi.can anyone help?
    >> im a noob,how do you change your name from "player" to something else?
    >> probably something simple but i only just started playing so please dont
    >> flame me!
    >> cheers!
    >>

    >Hit "~" while playing CS and type:
    >
    >name "<what-you-want-your-name-to-be>"
    >
    >or hit "Esc", choose "Settings" and edit the "Nickname" text box and
    >click OK.
    >

    >-----------------------------
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Tom "Necromancer" Scott
    >Website: http://www.commorragh.org
    >
    >Welcome to the Darkness...
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Remember to choose a cool name, life flOwenoL :p

    flOwenoL

    -= http://TheWiganClan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ =- <-- New & improved under
    construction

Games Video Games