Desay DVD's anyone?

Ever heard of these?. Radio shack replaced my cyberhome dvd with this one.
Never heard of them. It was made in China. Did a search and naturally its all
in chinese. I click on the english version and nothing appears.

wishy13764@aol.com (Wishy13764) wrote in message news:<20041116195028.10335.00000380@mb-m25.aol.com>...
> Ever heard of these?. Radio shack replaced my cyberhome dvd with this one.
> Never heard of them. It was made in China. Did a search and naturally its all in chinese. I click on the english version and nothing appears...

Radio Shack's gonna sell THESE for the holidays starting 11-26-04:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=16-3901

Hear tell there will also be a $20 rebate after standard price.

Don't know how good they are, but if anyone can advise - post it here.

-Infnet

> Radio Shack's gonna sell THESE for the holidays starting 11-26-04:
>
> http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=16-3901
>
> Hear tell there will also be a $20 rebate after standard price.
>
> Don't know how good they are, but if anyone can advise - post it here.
NOTE:

The $20 rebate was for sales of this unit at RS on Friday, Nov 26th ONLY...

NOW, these items are $42.00 retail w/tax...

We checked for any kind of a warranty card inside the box -
Manual SAYS there is one, but we couldn't find it...(??)

Has just a standard manufacturer's warranty of ONE year...

-Infnet

infnet@rocketmail.com (Info Network) wrote in message news:<5efb8a42.0411192119.4a311874@posting.google.com>...
> wishy13764@aol.com (Wishy13764) wrote in message news:<20041116195028.10335.00000380@mb-m25.aol.com>...
> > Ever heard of these?. Radio shack replaced my cyberhome dvd with this one.
> > Never heard of them. It was made in China. Did a search and naturally its all in chinese. I click on the english version and nothing appears...
>

> Radio Shack's gonna sell THESE for the holidays starting 11-26-04:
>
> http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=16-3901
>
> Hear tell there will also be a $20 rebate after standard price.
>
> Don't know how good they are, but if anyone can advise - post it here.
>
> -Infnet

I just got it, haven't tried it yet but the rebate is only till 12/11 -
19.99 that must be a record.

infnet@rocketmail.com (Info Network) wrote in message news:<5efb8a42.0411192119.4a311874@posting.google.com>...
> wishy13764@aol.com (Wishy13764) wrote in message news:<20041116195028.10335.00000380@mb-m25.aol.com>...
> > Ever heard of these?. Radio shack replaced my cyberhome dvd with this one.

> Don't know how good they are, but if anyone can advise - post it here.
>
> -Infnet

I spoke too soon, here are 2 links:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDnameid=4973&Search=Search&#comments

http://www.globalsources.com/si/6008802303043/ProductDetail/Home-DVD/product_id-8822827666/action-GetProduct.htm

It says it plays DVD+R, which I am glad to hear.

Rosemary

small-web@earthlink.net (Rose___) wrote in message news:<4bf774c1.0412021739.1d0a0967@posting.google.com>...
> infnet@rocketmail.com (Info Network) wrote in message news:<5efb8a42.0411192119.4a311874@posting.google.com>...
> > wishy13764@aol.com (Wishy13764) wrote in message news:<20041116195028.10335.00000380@mb-m25.aol.com>...
> > > Ever heard of these?. Radio shack replaced my cyberhome dvd with this one.
>

> > Don't know how good they are, but if anyone can advise - post it here.
> >
> > -Infnet
>
> I spoke too soon, here are 2 links:
>
> http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDnameid=4973&Search=Search&#comments
>
> http://www.globalsources.com/si/6008802303043/ProductDetail/Home-DVD/product_id-8822827666/action-GetProduct.htm
>

> It says it plays DVD+R, which I am glad to hear.
>
> Rosemary

Yes, Radio Shack is selling these again WITH THE $20 REBATE - NOW thru Dec 11th

....meaning this player will only cost you $19.99!

See their website for more details and look for the RED rebate link
on the product page.

-Infnet