Media Reader Problem

I have a 8 in 1 and 9 in 1 usb2.0 media reader (SD, Compact flash, ...).
My computer recognizes the reader when plugged into the USB port. But
when I insert my SD card it gives the "no disk in reader error".

I can read the SD card when it is in my camera through the cameras USB
port but not with the 8 or 9 in 1 media readers.

I am running WinXP professional.

Has anyone run into this before? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

WW

Have you checked your drivers for the reader,
try formatting the Sd Card, in the Camera of course..

Yoonome wrote:
> Have you checked your drivers for the reader,
> try formatting the Sd Card, in the Camera of course..

Card is formatted, Install directions claims WinXP does not need a
driver.

WW wrote:
Solved the problem. I had to uninstall the USBport the media reader was
plugged into. Reboot the system and then it worked.

WW <doc@nowhere.com> wrote in news:15GdncimquAQhNvfRVn-tw@comcast.com:

> I have a 8 in 1 and 9 in 1 usb2.0 media reader (SD, Compact flash, ...).
> My computer recognizes the reader when plugged into the USB port. But
> when I insert my SD card it gives the "no disk in reader error".
>
> I can read the SD card when it is in my camera through the cameras USB
> port but not with the 8 or 9 in 1 media readers.
>
> I am running WinXP professional.

Please excuse, I am new at this.

Just got an IOGEAR GFR202SD card reader/writer

Windows 98SE recognized it when plugged into a USB port, but where do I
get a driver for it?

The pdf manual at iogear.com mentioned a driver CD, but the little blister
pack included only the USB GFR202SD card reader/writer, card, and quick
start guide, no CD.

I can't find a driver for it at iogear.com.

Any help will be appreciated.

--
Sheldon Isaac
lose all .control when replying

"Shel" <sisaac.control@netaccess.control.com> wrote in message
> WW <doc@nowhere.com> wrote in news:15GdncimquAQhNvfRVn-tw@comcast.com:
>
> > I have a 8 in 1 and 9 in 1 usb2.0 media reader (SD, Compact flash, ...).
> > My computer recognizes the reader when plugged into the USB port. But
> > when I insert my SD card it gives the "no disk in reader error".
> >
> > I can read the SD card when it is in my camera through the cameras USB
> > port but not with the 8 or 9 in 1 media readers.
> >
> > I am running WinXP professional.
>
> Please excuse, I am new at this.
>
> Just got an IOGEAR GFR202SD card reader/writer
>
> Windows 98SE recognized it when plugged into a USB port, but where do I
> get a driver for it?
>
> The pdf manual at iogear.com mentioned a driver CD, but the little blister
> pack included only the USB GFR202SD card reader/writer, card, and quick
> start guide, no CD.
>
> I can't find a driver for it at iogear.com.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> --
> Sheldon Isaac
> lose all .control when replying

You have a problem. The Iogear GFR202SD is not for Windows 98SE.
Specification says Windows® 2000, ME, XP .

Window 98 SE requires a USB mass storage driver to work.

http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GFR202SD

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote:
You have a problem. The Iogear GFR202SD is not for Windows 98SE.
Specification says Windows® 2000, ME, XP .

Window 98 SE requires a USB mass storage driver to work.

http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GFR202SD

> http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GFR202SD

Can the problem be solved?

Look at
http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=dm&manual&Item=GFR202SD&PHPSESSID=4a4b21
01ec2dab102f7c125326f50103

Sorry about the link wrap.

--

> "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote:
> You have a problem. The Iogear GFR202SD is not for Windows 98SE.
> Specification says Windows® 2000, ME, XP .
>
> Window 98 SE requires a USB mass storage driver to work.
>
> http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GFR202SD
>

> > http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GFR202SD
>
> Can the problem be solved?

Not likely, the manufacturer has to provide the Windows 98 driver.
As far as I know, there is not a generic Mass storage driver for Windows 98.

Of course if you were a Master Programmer, you could write the mass storage
driver for Windows 98.

I would dump the Iogear and get another card reader that works in Windows
98. (Check the specs before buying).

> Look at

http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=dm&manual&Item=GFR202SD&PHPSESSID=4a4b21
> 01ec2dab102f7c125326f50103
>
> Sorry about the link wrap.
>
> --
> Sheldon Isaac
> lose all .control when replying
--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote:
> Not likely, the manufacturer has to provide the Windows 98 driver.
> As far as I know, there is not a generic Mass storage driver for
> Windows 98.
>
> Of course if you were a Master Programmer, you could write the mass
> storage driver for Windows 98.
>
> I would dump the Iogear and get another card reader that works in
> Windows 98. (Check the specs before buying).

Thanks, CSM1, I probably will give this little USB thing to a friend with
XP.

--
Sheldon Isaac
lose all .control when replying

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 14:08:15 GMT, Shel
<sisaac.control@netaccess.control.com> wrote:

>"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote:
>> Not likely, the manufacturer has to provide the Windows 98 driver.
>> As far as I know, there is not a generic Mass storage driver for
>> Windows 98.
>>
>> Of course if you were a Master Programmer, you could write the mass
>> storage driver for Windows 98.
>>
>> I would dump the Iogear and get another card reader that works in
>> Windows 98. (Check the specs before buying).
>
>Thanks, CSM1, I probably will give this little USB thing to a friend with
>XP.
ME and 98SE are close in structure. I would give the ME driver a shot.

Salvatore <healer@NoSpamaccesshub.net> wrote:

> ME and 98SE are close in structure. I would give the ME driver a
> shot.

Where do I get that?

Many thanks,

--

> Salvatore <healer@NoSpamaccesshub.net> wrote:
>
>> ME and 98SE are close in structure. I would give the ME driver a
>> shot.
>
> Where do I get that?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> --
> Sheldon Isaac
> lose all .control when replying

While ME and 98SE are close in the type of Windows, ME added support for USB
Mass Storage devices, that 98SE needed drivers for.

Therefore there is not a separate software for the mass storage driver in
ME.

Which is why the Iogear device did not supply any software. All of the
systems they supported have built in support for USB mass storage.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/install/hh/install/idstrings_d17bbed6-5ee4-4d17-86cd-88d240128fef.xml.asp

Read the first paragraph.
--
CSM1