VPN access and user properties

I have tested L2TP access to the simple test intranet.
Is this by design, or is there any error, when the user
has not his home mapped in spite of the fact, that the
home is defined in the user properties. Or is this by design
and user can access automatically his home on the
intranet?
.... and simple "net use" mapping asks for user credentials...
even for logged one.

TIA
Milos

Roadrunner

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2004

VPN is like hardwire it is just a tunnel, so if you have any login scripts,
user profiles, user home or hard mapped driver, they will all restore once
the VPN is up.

"Milos Puchta" <mpuchta@. nospam.post.cz> wrote in message
> I have tested L2TP access to the simple test intranet.
> Is this by design, or is there any error, when the user
> has not his home mapped in spite of the fact, that the
> home is defined in the user properties. Or is this by design
> and user can access automatically his home on the
> intranet?
> ... and simple "net use" mapping asks for user credentials...
> even for logged one.
>
> TIA
> Milos

I expected this behaviour, but the current login process
does not provide both the home and script execution...
My question is why? I can map manually....

Regards,
Milos