Need possible answer on RD

Skip

Hi,
When I try to access my home computer from work using the RD I get
the following message. If I attempt to get to my home PC by inputing
the IP I get the same results. And using dns2go, I get the same
results. I guess it goes to the same page, but I can't find this
page, so any help would be appreciated.

n has timed out. Please try connecting to the remote computer again."
const L_DisconnectIdleTimeout_ErrorMessage = "The remote session was
ended because the idle timeout limit was reached. This limit is set by
the server administrator or by network policies." const
L_DisconnectLogonTimeout_ErrorMessage ="The remote session ended
because the total logon time limit was reached. This limit is set by
the server administrator or by network policies." const
L_ProtocolErrWITHCODE_ErrorMessage = "Client disconnected due to
internal protocol error: " const L_LicensingTimeout_ErrorMessage = "A
licensing error occurred while the client was attempting to connect
(Licensing timed out).Please try connecting to the remote computer
again." const

Thanks for any help.

how are you trying to access the home pc ?
the error you have posted is a timeout error , no connection to destination,
try ping home pc, try open port 3389, give more details.

"skip" <dan@ydeletethis.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> When I try to access my home computer from work using the RD I get
> the following message. If I attempt to get to my home PC by inputing
> the IP I get the same results. And using dns2go, I get the same
> results. I guess it goes to the same page, but I can't find this
> page, so any help would be appreciated.
>
> n has timed out. Please try connecting to the remote computer again."
> const L_DisconnectIdleTimeout_ErrorMessage = "The remote session was
> ended because the idle timeout limit was reached. This limit is set by
> the server administrator or by network policies." const
> L_DisconnectLogonTimeout_ErrorMessage ="The remote session ended
> because the total logon time limit was reached. This limit is set by
> the server administrator or by network policies." const
> L_ProtocolErrWITHCODE_ErrorMessage = "Client disconnected due to
> internal protocol error: " const L_LicensingTimeout_ErrorMessage = "A
> licensing error occurred while the client was attempting to connect
> (Licensing timed out).Please try connecting to the remote computer
> again." const
>
> Thanks for any help.

Skip

Gabriel C. Stan,

I have tried using my IP address alone, I get what you call a time
out, if I use the IP with /tsweb I get "page can't be found" and when
I use my dns2go I get also get the "time out error".
When I use my RD I can get into the pc.

What I want to do eventually is to get my pc set up so I can use is as
a small, very small website for my school work.