Lefty cam?

Are there NO lefty cameras out there, or at least ones that work well with
either hand? I've been looking around casually for some time whenever I
see cams on display and NONE of them EVER have been anything but forced
right hand usage. Even the ones that don't have a bulbous grip on the rt.
are almost impossible to shoot with the left because the shutter button's
too far to one side, and you have to cover the viewfinder/LCD with your
hand to take the shot that way. I'm even more surprised by this because I
want it, and I'm not even left handed! I just want to be able to do
things I'm too uncoordinated with my left to do while I'm holding the cam
and might want to grab a shot fast. Actually, I can't even remember a
ambidextrous cam EVER, even back in film cam days or since I was born!
For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
Yeah, it's really a real address :)

In article <mu9e41lflu1nk0hqrfc8g115o4fth9qp07@4ax.com>, see.my.sig.4.ad
dr@nowhere.com.invalid writes
>Are there NO lefty cameras out there, or at least ones that work well with
>either hand? I've been looking around casually for some time whenever I
>see cams on display and NONE of them EVER have been anything but forced
>right hand usage. Even the ones that don't have a bulbous grip on the rt.
>are almost impossible to shoot with the left because the shutter button's
>too far to one side, and you have to cover the viewfinder/LCD with your
>hand to take the shot that way. I'm even more surprised by this because I
>want it, and I'm not even left handed! I just want to be able to do
>things I'm too uncoordinated with my left to do while I'm holding the cam
>and might want to grab a shot fast. Actually, I can't even remember a
>ambidextrous cam EVER, even back in film cam days or since I was born!
>--
I used to have a Baldinette 35 mm camera. I never really got on with it
because the shutter release was on the left. Not ambidextrous, just
left-handed.
--
Thoss

"thoss" <tom@plus.com> wrote in message
> In article <mu9e41lflu1nk0hqrfc8g115o4fth9qp07@4ax.com>, see.my.sig.4.ad
> dr@nowhere.com.invalid writes
>>Are there NO lefty cameras out there, or at least ones that work well with
>>either hand? I've been looking around casually for some time whenever I
>>see cams on display and NONE of them EVER have been anything but forced
>>right hand usage. Even the ones that don't have a bulbous grip on the rt.
>>are almost impossible to shoot with the left because the shutter button's
>>too far to one side, and you have to cover the viewfinder/LCD with your
>>hand to take the shot that way. I'm even more surprised by this because I
>>want it, and I'm not even left handed! I just want to be able to do
>>things I'm too uncoordinated with my left to do while I'm holding the cam
>>and might want to grab a shot fast. Actually, I can't even remember a
>>ambidextrous cam EVER, even back in film cam days or since I was born!
>>--
> I used to have a Baldinette 35 mm camera. I never really got on with it
> because the shutter release was on the left. Not ambidextrous, just
> left-handed.
> --
> Thoss

While there are not many or any left handed cameras, you can turn the camera
upside down and trip the shutter with the thumb of your left hand. Then turn
the image right side up in an Editor.

If you are handicapped and only have a left hand, you will learn ways to
compensate.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com