RDP breaks again

August 4, 2004 7:41:42 PM

Somewhere along the line my remote desktop stopped working again. I have a
new Linksys wireless router that initially let me work remotely. I called
Linksys to see if there was a setting I had changed or needed to change.
Asking someone in India to answer one question is like banging your head
against a wall. But that's another story, I sent Linksys a meaningful
letter. Is there anyone out there, of any nationality, who can help me
figure out what's going on? I'm am pro diversity. I'm an imigrant myself.
Just want to talk to someone who can understand my question. That's all.
Thanks.

More about : rdp breaks

Anonymous
August 4, 2004 8:46:19 PM

Well, what Linksys router? You need to forward TCP Port 3389 to the private LAN IP of the PC your
trying to connect to.

http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

Call from the remote site using the public IP of the router, ie. the IP assigned by your ISP.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"aSussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Somewhere along the line my remote desktop stopped working again. I have a
> new Linksys wireless router that initially let me work remotely. I called
> Linksys to see if there was a setting I had changed or needed to change.
> Asking someone in India to answer one question is like banging your head
> against a wall. But that's another story, I sent Linksys a meaningful
> letter. Is there anyone out there, of any nationality, who can help me
> figure out what's going on? I'm am pro diversity. I'm an imigrant myself.
> Just want to talk to someone who can understand my question. That's all.
> Thanks.

Anonymous
August 22, 2004 11:23:20 PM

thank you for the link. I have the WRT54GS. IT has the same program as the
54GS version 1.x on the page in the example on the web site. I believe I
have it set correctly. I have Remote Desktop working. It was a simple fix.
One that Linksys techs couldn't figure out. Now I want to work on Port
forwarding for my Remote Desktop to reach my other computers. I use the
following convention: xx.xxx.x.xx:p ort# (of next computer).
Doesn't work. The only one that works it the main computer with no
forwarding.

!