Windows XP Home and Remote Desktop Connection.

I have two computers, both with Windows XP Home, on a local area network. I want to use RDC but I can't find where to add the computers I will allow access to my system. Support says it's on the remote tab of My Computer's properties, but it's not. I'm at a loss, any ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about windows home remote desktop connection

    Simply stated, XP Home edition can *NOT* run Remote Desktop in "host/server" mode. Look at using
    UltraVNC as an alternative.

    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

    If you use UltraVNC over the public internet, then you should also use the encryption plug-in or run
    UltraVNC through a VPN tunnel.

    http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/

    FWIW, I use UltraVNC to access/control my XP Home test machine, aka...my wife's PC...:-)

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "nshoff" <nshoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have two computers, both with Windows XP Home, on a local area network. I want to use RDC but I
    >can't find where to add the computers I will allow access to my system. Support says it's on the
    >remote tab of My Computer's properties, but it's not. I'm at a loss, any ideas are much
    >appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    I downloaded that program and it appears as if it will work, but it wants a username and password to connect with my other computer. Where do I find these and can I set them?

    In message <2BD8806A-B66F-4A62-8E59-36FBDE67A7B6@microsoft.com>,
    =?Utf-8?B?bnNob2Zm?= <nshoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > I downloaded that program and it appears as if it will work, but it wants
    a username and password to connect with my other computer. Where do I find
    these and can I set them?

    The password is configured on the VNC server PC. Look for the options settings.
    A username is not required. You address the PC your trying to connect to by
    its LAN IP.

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    --
    Posted with Ink Spot (for PocketPC) from DejaVu Software, Inc.
    Usenet wherever you are - http://www.dejavusoftware.com/

    Look at this page for help...

    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/install1/install1.htm

    --

    >I downloaded that program and it appears as if it will work, but it wants a username and password
    >to connect with my other computer. Where do I find these and can I set them?

Remote Desktop Computers Windows XP