RTX100 compared to DV500?

Hi

I am interested in getting a capture card, have had a dv500 before and they
are currently very cheap, but the next step may be the RTX100 I am in the UK
and any feedback on this or any other ideas would be appreciated, I would
like Analogue & DV capture

Thanks

"London MCM Expo" <NEWS@ATlondonexpo.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am interested in getting a capture card, have had a dv500 before and
> they are currently very cheap, but the next step may be the RTX100 I am in
> the UK and any feedback on this or any other ideas would be appreciated, I
> would like Analogue & DV capture
>
> Thanks

It will depend on the software you want to run it premiere then that's fine
but you could look at canopus - acedvio, lets edit rt+, storm etc...They can
also run edius and vegas. By the way Edius is a storming app that is
definitely worth a look.

www.canopus.com

But is this with a capture card? Or is there an advantage of not using a
acapture card?

London MCM Expo wrote:

> But is this with a capture card? Or is there an advantage of not using a
> acapture card?

With the DV500 (I have one), you can only use up to Premiere 6.5. If you
can be happy with using that app (and there are a zillion plugins for
it), then fine. The DV500 is cheap now, and does analog and firewire
in/out. BUT, you will have to render dv out. Analog out is realtime.
I am using Liquid Edition now. Strictly software based and not tied to
hardware. Faster the computer, the more I can do. For in/out (firewire
and analog), I use Pinnacles MovieBox DV. There are other products
(Canopus comes to mind) that will allow you to input analog into
firewire, so it's up to you which you buy. IF you already have firewire
on your computer and have a dv camcorder with firewire AND analog
in/out, you can use the camcorder and save a few bucks and get a
software based NLE (Vegas, Liquid Edition, Premiere Pro, etc..).

I do not have firewire

"TonyP" <arpierre@hooptonline.net> wrote in message
> London MCM Expo wrote:
>
>> But is this with a capture card? Or is there an advantage of not using a
>> acapture card?
>
> With the DV500 (I have one), you can only use up to Premiere 6.5. If you
> can be happy with using that app (and there are a zillion plugins for it),
> then fine. The DV500 is cheap now, and does analog and firewire in/out.
> BUT, you will have to render dv out. Analog out is realtime.
> I am using Liquid Edition now. Strictly software based and not tied to
> hardware. Faster the computer, the more I can do. For in/out (firewire and
> analog), I use Pinnacles MovieBox DV. There are other products (Canopus
> comes to mind) that will allow you to input analog into firewire, so it's
> up to you which you buy. IF you already have firewire on your computer and
> have a dv camcorder with firewire AND analog in/out, you can use the
> camcorder and save a few bucks and get a software based NLE (Vegas, Liquid
> Edition, Premiere Pro, etc..).

TRENDING THREADS