floppy drive on xp?

usually back up text files and thumbnails to floppy for clients approval.
however, am having awful problems with reading return floppies that probably
haven't been formatted under xp.

anyone have any suggestions as to how to overcome this problem? i have
downloaded

XPe_3mflp132_v10.zip

which is the VIA 3-mode floppy controller. as yet haven't installed it.
anyone know anything about it?

thanks in advance,

leslie

In article <FP8nd.41273$K7.40751@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
l_wand@REMoVEaBUSehotmail.com says...
> Subject: floppy drive on xp?
> From: "kay & wand" <l_wand@REMoVEaBUSehotmail.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.video.desktop
>
> usually back up text files and thumbnails to floppy for clients approval.
> however, am having awful problems with reading return floppies that probably
> haven't been formatted under xp.
>
> anyone have any suggestions as to how to overcome this problem? i have
> downloaded
>
> XPe_3mflp132_v10.zip
>
> which is the VIA 3-mode floppy controller. as yet haven't installed it.
> anyone know anything about it?
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> leslie

It might just be your drive or theirs, I don't even put floppy drives in
new machines anymore because by the time I go to use it, it's clogged up
with dust bunnies and doesn't work anyway.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

Chris Phillipo <cphillipo@ramsays-online.com> wrote in

> In article <FP8nd.41273$K7.40751@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
> l_wand@REMoVEaBUSehotmail.com says...
>> Subject: floppy drive on xp?
>> From: "kay & wand" <l_wand@REMoVEaBUSehotmail.com>
>> Newsgroups: rec.video.desktop
>>
>> usually back up text files and thumbnails to floppy for clients
>> approval. however, am having awful problems with reading return
>> floppies that probably haven't been formatted under xp.
>>
>> anyone have any suggestions as to how to overcome this problem? i
>> have downloaded
>>
>> XPe_3mflp132_v10.zip
>>
>> which is the VIA 3-mode floppy controller. as yet haven't
>> installed it. anyone know anything about it?
>>
>> thanks in advance,
>>
>> leslie
>>

> It might just be your drive or theirs, I don't even put floppy
> drives in new machines anymore because by the time I go to use it,
> it's clogged up with dust bunnies and doesn't work anyway.

Also, I believe the floppy 3 mode controller is only "required to
support older Japanese floppy drives...for reading and writing of
1.2MB ... on a 3.5-inch diskette". This is a direct quote from my
Asus P4PE manual.

My first (also second, third, ...) thought was that one of the two
floppy drives is bad, even before I read Chris's post.

Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com