Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Request for a Clean Other section

Last response: in Forum Feedback
November 9, 2005 1:56:10 PM

I know that we have an "Other" section for posting goodness only knows what non-technical stuff. Which is nice. But there are times where it can be ... err ... a trifle unclean. Now I'm normally not really keen on over moderation, but I'm thinking that a rare instance of an Other area that's forced to be clean might be nice. Certainly don't get rid of or overmoderate the original. Just add a new "Clean Other" section where people aren't allowed to go beyond a G rating is all I'm thinking.

More about : request clean section

November 9, 2005 2:45:13 PM

would this really be necessary? a whole nother thread for "CLEAN-OTHER" lol

this isn't AOL with parental controls... most of us here are Adults and im sure 95% of us are like 15 and older what are we possibly discussion that is R rated.

I haven't came across anything where i said "OMG" lol

i guess it wouldn't hurt to have but it would probley just be a waste of space.
November 9, 2005 2:56:31 PM

What would a clean wingding be??? :wink:
Related resources
November 9, 2005 4:34:39 PM

Quote:
this isn't AOL with parental controls... most of us here are Adults and im sure 95% of us are like 15 and older what are we possibly discussion that is R rated.

I haven't came across anything where i said "OMG" lol
But some of us do access from work for the technical expertise of these boards and it'd be nice to have a place to talk about non-technical stuff and/or rant about work without worrying about all of the ... err ... unfortunate keywords, phrases, and verbal content that might load from even so much as clicking on that Other section. (Not to mention what graphical content might be there now that images can be posted.)
November 9, 2005 4:39:38 PM

A clean other? Can you give me an example why? If everyone can laugh at Wingding's stories then I don't see the problem. It's all adult humor and I think if we have kids in here then it's the parents responsability to monitor them and not our responsability to bend over backwards.

Having a clean other doesn't bother me at all if you want the other section but I don't see it being populated by many people.

I found the other section because one of my threads fighting with Fugger was moved there. I figured it was the garbage section and stayed. It's fun. If the conservatives in this forum are really so bothered by the other section then simply rename it Garbage and we'll enjoy it the way it is and you can have your other section.
November 9, 2005 4:40:42 PM

Quote:
What would a clean wingding be??? :wink:
Dead? A ghost? A non-entity? I don't know. I just can't even contemplate a clean wingy. It'd be like a Twinkie without sugar, a Smurf without blue, a forum without users, posts, or even an admin...
November 9, 2005 4:42:55 PM

Quote:
A clean other? Can you give me an example why?
Ja. Look up at my post right before yours. :lol:  Timing is everything. :tongue:
November 9, 2005 4:46:21 PM

For work I understand and I would hope that people use the common sense to use URL tags rather than IMG tags for questionable pics. I would hope that something not work safe is lsited as such.

How strict are these work filters? What do they pick up on?
November 9, 2005 4:57:59 PM

Well I would imagine it's different for everyone, as no two employers are the same. I know I sure as heck sweat enough bullets just seeing Wingy pass through the CPU forum on occasion. :o 
November 9, 2005 5:00:58 PM

At my old job the only thing they did was block sites using the router. I was lucky and got around that.
November 15, 2005 10:48:53 PM

a clean wingding would probably look like a Babylon 5 Vorlon without its encounter suit.
November 16, 2005 2:21:33 AM

Never seen B5 so no clue what you're refering to. :cry: 
August 31, 2012 9:02:29 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!