Premiere Pro ver 1.5 jitter capture and conversion

Just bought the new Panasonic PV-GS400 miniDV and upgrade from a
Panasonic PV-42 VHS-C (11 years old). Problem I'm having is PV-GS400
capture to .avi has jittery motion behind even slow moving objects.
This jitter translates over to any DVDs I try to create. Has anyone
experienced this with Premiere. I did not have this problem with the
PV-42. Aside from sound quality being better the 2 camera produce
about the same quality DVD.
5 answers Last reply
More about premiere jitter capture conversion

    I did, in fact our third party video conversion house.
    They (and I) are also using Premiere. We also tried to
    do it together again trying all the parameters, the jitter
    didn't go away. I tried some steady move plugins and software,
    but they didn't heal it.

    So we decided to buy a capture card and do the whole work
    inhouse (an advertising agency) and I have a thread in this
    newsgroup asking which capture card to buy. :)

    When we buy it, we will rent a Betacam deck and plug a monitor
    and try to do the work the right way.

    --
    Boke Yuzgen

    Not sure what you mean by using a Betacam deck? Will you import DV or
    AV through the Betacam this way? I used the Sony DVMC-DA2 to import
    AV and it worked great with the PV-42 VHS-C tapes. I use firewire to
    import DV from the PV-GS400.

    wrote:

    >I did, in fact our third party video conversion house.
    >They (and I) are also using Premiere. We also tried to
    >do it together again trying all the parameters, the jitter
    >didn't go away. I tried some steady move plugins and software,
    >but they didn't heal it.
    >
    >So we decided to buy a capture card and do the whole work
    >inhouse (an advertising agency) and I have a thread in this
    >newsgroup asking which capture card to buy. :)
    >
    >When we buy it, we will rent a Betacam deck and plug a monitor
    >and try to do the work the right way.
    >
    >On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:06:40 -0500, Sparky <3@2.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Just bought the new Panasonic PV-GS400 miniDV and upgrade from a
    >> Panasonic PV-42 VHS-C (11 years old). Problem I'm having is PV-GS400
    >> capture to .avi has jittery motion behind even slow moving objects.
    >> This jitter translates over to any DVDs I try to create. Has anyone
    >> experienced this with Premiere. I did not have this problem with the
    >> PV-42. Aside from sound quality being better the 2 camera produce
    >> about the same quality DVD.

    1. What do most people in this newsgroup use?
    2. Is the conversion time fast?
    3. How is the video quality?
    4. How is the audio quality?
    5. Is anyone using Dolby-AC3?
    6. If so, what program?

    "Sparky" wrote ...
    > 1. What do most people in this newsgroup use?

    You'll have to complie the stats, but *I* use Adobe Encore.

    > 2. Is the conversion time fast?

    I export MP2 from the timeline in Adobe Premiere, but it still
    takes time to convert the WAV sound file.

    > 3. How is the video quality?

    It is excelent for my needs (original productions, not rips of
    commercial movies, etc.)

    > 4. How is the audio quality?

    Excellent, IMHO.

    > 5. Is anyone using Dolby-AC3?