Recommended drives for editing?

Is it better for audio/video storage to go external or internal? Which
one would I get?

"timeisnow" wrote ...
> Is it better for audio/video storage to go external or internal?

Better for what? For conventional, fixed operations, an internal
drive will likely be less expensive and more straightforward.
But if your requirements suggest external, or you can't add another
drive, or whatever, that is different matter. With zero details, any
answer you would get would be a shot-in-the-dark guess.

> Which one would I get?

No practical way to answer with zero details. We don't
even know what computer (PC, Mac, etc.) you are using.

"timeisnow" <milam.matthew@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Is it better for audio/video storage to go external or internal? Which
> one would I get?

There are three external interfaces practical for external drives:
USB 2.0
Firewire 400
Serial ATA

All of these except Serial ATA present some impediment to the performance of
a disk drive.
External drives do have a practical use for professionals who need to carry
a project with them.

Firewire 800 comes close to internal drive performance, but support under
Windows is reported to be buggy.

Other issues:
1. The cases for MOST external drives are poorly constructed and ventilated,
shortening the life of the drive.
2. The cost is higher.

When you have more experience, you may encounter a specific need for an
external drive. Wait till then.

TRENDING THREADS