Remote Tab Missing from System Properties

I am trying to set up remote desktop, but the remote tab is missing from my
system properties. Any ideas?

I am running Windows XP Proffesional SP1.

Thanks,
Hai

Look at this old thread...Which either you, or someone with the same first name, posted a long time
ago...

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=ec4ee0ad844d100a&seekm=%23JryVVwfDHA.2072%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl#link1

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Hai Nguyen" <Hai Nguyen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to set up remote desktop, but the remote tab is missing from my
> system properties. Any ideas?
>
> I am running Windows XP Proffesional SP1.
>
> Thanks,
> Hai

From the FAQ:

1. I do not have a Remote Tab under System Properties.

This error/condition usually occurs when you upgrade from a Windows
2000 Professional machine. Run the following command to restore the
Remote Tab: regsvr32 remotepg.dll

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:51:06 -0700, "Hai Nguyen" <Hai
Nguyen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to set up remote desktop, but the remote tab is missing from my
>system properties. Any ideas?
>
>I am running Windows XP Proffesional SP1.
>
>Thanks,
>Hai

Yes, I tried all of these...I was just wondering if there was a fix for this
(without rebuilding my computer) since I asked my question last time.

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> From the FAQ:
>
> 1. I do not have a Remote Tab under System Properties.
>
> This error/condition usually occurs when you upgrade from a Windows
> 2000 Professional machine. Run the following command to restore the
> Remote Tab: regsvr32 remotepg.dll
>

> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:51:06 -0700, "Hai Nguyen" <Hai
> Nguyen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am trying to set up remote desktop, but the remote tab is missing from my
> >system properties. Any ideas?
> >
> >I am running Windows XP Proffesional SP1.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Hai

I haven't read the old thread. Have you yet tried a repair install? This
isn't usually too traumatic--i.e. you don't need to reinstall apps, etc. It
does reset some defaults, and there are some cases where data loss is a
risk--search the MSKB on "repair install" and XP.

After the repair install, put up a firewall, and install Service Pack 2 for
windows XP, available here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en