Remote Tab Missing from System Properties

I am trying to set up remote desktop, but the remote tab is missing from my
system properties. Any ideas?

I am running Windows XP Proffesional SP1.

Thanks,
Hai
4 answers Last reply
More about remote missing system properties

    Look at this old thread...Which either you, or someone with the same first name, posted a long time
    ago...

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=ec4ee0ad844d100a&seekm=%23JryVVwfDHA.2072%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl#link1

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Hai Nguyen" <Hai Nguyen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to set up remote desktop, but the remote tab is missing from my
    > system properties. Any ideas?
    >
    > I am running Windows XP Proffesional SP1.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Hai

    From the FAQ:

    1. I do not have a Remote Tab under System Properties.

    This error/condition usually occurs when you upgrade from a Windows
    2000 Professional machine. Run the following command to restore the
    Remote Tab: regsvr32 remotepg.dll

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:51:06 -0700, "Hai Nguyen" <Hai
    Nguyen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I am trying to set up remote desktop, but the remote tab is missing from my
    >system properties. Any ideas?
    >
    >I am running Windows XP Proffesional SP1.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Hai

    Yes, I tried all of these...I was just wondering if there was a fix for this
    (without rebuilding my computer) since I asked my question last time.

    "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

    > From the FAQ:
    >
    > 1. I do not have a Remote Tab under System Properties.
    >
    > This error/condition usually occurs when you upgrade from a Windows
    > 2000 Professional machine. Run the following command to restore the
    > Remote Tab: regsvr32 remotepg.dll
    >

    > Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

    > On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:51:06 -0700, "Hai Nguyen" <Hai
    > Nguyen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I am trying to set up remote desktop, but the remote tab is missing from my
    > >system properties. Any ideas?
    > >
    > >I am running Windows XP Proffesional SP1.
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >Hai

    I haven't read the old thread. Have you yet tried a repair install? This
    isn't usually too traumatic--i.e. you don't need to reinstall apps, etc. It
    does reset some defaults, and there are some cases where data loss is a
    risk--search the MSKB on "repair install" and XP.

    After the repair install, put up a firewall, and install Service Pack 2 for
    windows XP, available here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

    > Yes, I tried all of these...I was just wondering if there was a fix for
    > this
    > (without rebuilding my computer) since I asked my question last time.
    >
    > "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> From the FAQ:
    >>
    >> 1. I do not have a Remote Tab under System Properties.
    >>
    >> This error/condition usually occurs when you upgrade from a Windows
    >> 2000 Professional machine. Run the following command to restore the
    >> Remote Tab: regsvr32 remotepg.dll
    >>

    >> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
    >> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
    >>
    >> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
    >> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
    >> be answered depending on time availability....
    >>
    >> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >>

    >> On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:51:06 -0700, "Hai Nguyen" <Hai
    >> Nguyen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I am trying to set up remote desktop, but the remote tab is missing from
    >> >my
    >> >system properties. Any ideas?
    >> >
    >> >I am running Windows XP Proffesional SP1.
    >> >
    >> >Thanks,
    >> >Hai

Remote Desktop Microsoft Windows XP