Wireless access

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I frequently work wirelessly and have noticed that when more than one network
is available, XP tends to select whichever one is strongest, regardless of
which network you want to be on - this is especially annoying when you are
"disconnected" from the network you need to be connected to - does anyone
know how to control this?

Be sure to upgrade to SP2--the dialogs for wireless networking and the
diagnostics, are improved.

I can't say for certain about your issue, but I'd agree with Michael
Whittaker--use the preferred networks dialog and rank them.

>I frequently work wirelessly and have noticed that when more than one
>network
> is available, XP tends to select whichever one is strongest, regardless of
> which network you want to be on - this is especially annoying when you are
> "disconnected" from the network you need to be connected to - does anyone
> know how to control this?

Hi!

There is a "favorite"-list of W-LAN's you can setup. Just add them in
the same dialog were you can choose which network you wanna log-in.

Regards, Michael Whittaker.

Dan wrote:

> I frequently work wirelessly and have noticed that when more than one network
> is available, XP tends to select whichever one is strongest, regardless of
> which network you want to be on - this is especially annoying when you are
> "disconnected" from the network you need to be connected to - does anyone
> know how to control this?

TRENDING THREADS