Want to Access MAC Computer Remotely from WINXP

August 10, 2004 1:45:05 PM

I have a new MAC that we use for Video editing and want to access, thru
hopefully, Remote Desktop on my WinXP Pro laptop the desktop of the MAC. The
only thing I have been able to find is accessing my WinXP from the MAC.

Any help in the direction I need to go would be appreciated.

Thanks
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 4:03:07 PM

VNC may be of interest...

http://www.realvnc.com/resources.html

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Wallace Wilcox" <Wallace Wilcox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D EDEA84E-20C0-407A-81EE-BD821A44E954@microsoft.com...
>I have a new MAC that we use for Video editing and want to access, thru
> hopefully, Remote Desktop on my WinXP Pro laptop the desktop of the MAC. The
> only thing I have been able to find is accessing my WinXP from the MAC.
>
> Any help in the direction I need to go would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 6:28:29 PM

I'm with Al. There are versions of VNC for the Mac. I've used them very
briefly, and am not certain how stable they are. I mostly used VNC client
on the Mac to talk to Windows machines--I'm not sure I ever tried the
reverse, or even whether that was available.

!