Object doesn't support this property or method: 'MsTsc.ser..

I am trying to access my XP Pro system from work. I have
a networkevery router. I can get to remote destop from
any computer on my network at home. When i try to connect
at work, I get the Log on screen and then the page doesn't
load and i get the error message "Object doesn't support
this property or method: 'MsTsc.server'" I have
downloaded the "susposed" fix From SP1 and it does work.
Both ports 3389 and my ISS have been forward though my
router's firewall. Static Ip's from the XP computer.
Disables DHCP. PLEASE HELP.
13 answers Last reply
More about object doesn support property method mstsc

    Have you seen this KB article?

    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;Q328002

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Zalar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to access my XP Pro system from work. I have
    > a networkevery router. I can get to remote destop from
    > any computer on my network at home. When i try to connect
    > at work, I get the Log on screen and then the page doesn't
    > load and i get the error message "Object doesn't support
    > this property or method: 'MsTsc.server'" I have
    > downloaded the "susposed" fix From SP1 and it does work.
    > Both ports 3389 and my ISS have been forward though my
    > router's firewall. Static Ip's from the XP computer.
    > Disables DHCP. PLEASE HELP.

    yes, that was the one i was referring too. I Installed
    the software on both the server and the client. I also
    activated the active X controlers for my web browser.

    for the mutual benefit of all of us...
    >The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    confers no rights...

    >"Zalar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >>I am trying to access my XP Pro system from work. I have
    >> a networkevery router. I can get to remote destop from
    >> any computer on my network at home. When i try to
    connect
    >> at work, I get the Log on screen and then the page
    doesn't
    >> load and i get the error message "Object doesn't
    support
    >> this property or method: 'MsTsc.server'" I have
    >> downloaded the "susposed" fix From SP1 and it does work.
    >> Both ports 3389 and my ISS have been forward though my
    >> router's firewall. Static Ip's from the XP computer.
    >> Disables DHCP. PLEASE HELP.
    >
    >.

    Can you use the Remote Desktop client without using the web interface? I don't personally use the
    web interface so I am rapidly running out of ideas...

    --

    > yes, that was the one i was referring too. I Installed
    > the software on both the server and the client. I also
    > activated the active X controlers for my web browser.

    I web client shows a error saying it can not connect to
    the web server. Is there anything in the remote desktop
    setup that I can change to address this.

    and
    >> confers no rights...
    >>>
    >>>"Zalar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message
    have
    from
    >> connect
    >> doesn't
    >> support
    work.

    >>>.
    >>>

    >.

    If you can't connect to the web server then its possible your ISP is blocking TCP Port 80 (IIS)
    simply because running a personal web server on their network may violate your user agreement with
    them...

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=94cb220b2a08b3da&seekm=uFR9NbFVEHA.3692%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl#link3

    --

    >I web client shows a error saying it can not connect to
    > the web server. Is there anything in the remote desktop
    > setup that I can change to address this.

    The webpage you are using is from "before" the fix.. Try browsing
    directly to http://ipaddress/tsweb/default.htm . If this doesn't
    work, then re-install the security update.

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:55:50 -0700, "Zalar"

    >I am trying to access my XP Pro system from work. I have
    >a networkevery router. I can get to remote destop from
    >any computer on my network at home. When i try to connect
    >at work, I get the Log on screen and then the page doesn't
    >load and i get the error message "Object doesn't support
    >this property or method: 'MsTsc.server'" I have
    >downloaded the "susposed" fix From SP1 and it does work.
    >Both ports 3389 and my ISS have been forward though my
    >router's firewall. Static Ip's from the XP computer.
    >Disables DHCP. PLEASE HELP.

    The article from Alex describes what the issue is:
    http://dev.remotenetworktechnology.com/ts/fixmsrdp.htm

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:35:06 -0700,

    >I web client shows a error saying it can not connect to
    >the web server. Is there anything in the remote desktop
    >setup that I can change to address this.

    When I got to ipaddress/tsweb I get the log in page.
    Then I input the server and get the error. When I got
    Ipaddress/tsweb/default.htm I get an noncommunication
    error. Do I need to put the ActiveX Scrpt into the
    default homepage on my IIS Manually?

    benefit
    >of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may
    not
    >be answered depending on time availability....
    >
    >Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >Windows XP Expert Zone -
    >
    >On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:55:50 -0700, "Zalar"
    >
    >>I am trying to access my XP Pro system from work. I
    have
    >>a networkevery router. I can get to remote destop from
    >>any computer on my network at home. When i try to
    connect
    >>at work, I get the Log on screen and then the page
    doesn't
    >>load and i get the error message "Object doesn't
    support
    >>this property or method: 'MsTsc.server'" I have
    >>downloaded the "susposed" fix From SP1 and it does
    work.
    >>Both ports 3389 and my ISS have been forward though my
    >>router's firewall. Static Ip's from the XP computer.
    >>Disables DHCP. PLEASE HELP.
    >
    >.

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    Ok, I am getting somewhere but still have a problem. I
    changed the connect.asp page with the new code from the
    fix. When I go to the log in
    page /ipaddress:port/tsweb/default.htm I put in the
    computer name. The next screen is no longer and error
    (Yeah), but I get another error message. VBScropt: Remote
    Desktop Kisconnected. Computer can not be found. I know
    it is on and connect because I was there 10 min. ago.
    Does this mean I am still having a routing issue?

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    I also set up the router to host my computer as a DMZ
    host. And it still didn't work. Could there be a problem
    with connections from work or my ISP?

  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    I talked to my ISP and they DO block port 80. I set up
    IIS to use a different port, so shouldn't bypass 80?

  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    Leave the servername blank...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 06:42:32 -0700, "zalar"

    >Ok, I am getting somewhere but still have a problem. I
    >changed the connect.asp page with the new code from the
    >fix. When I go to the log in
    >page /ipaddress:port/tsweb/default.htm I put in the
    >computer name. The next screen is no longer and error
    >(Yeah), but I get another error message. VBScropt: Remote
    >Desktop Kisconnected. Computer can not be found. I know
    >it is on and connect because I was there 10 min. ago.
    >Does this mean I am still having a routing issue?

  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    See my response on the earlier part of the thread... :)

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 05:04:52 -0700,

    >When I got to ipaddress/tsweb I get the log in page.
    >Then I input the server and get the error. When I got
    >Ipaddress/tsweb/default.htm I get an noncommunication
    >error. Do I need to put the ActiveX Scrpt into the
    >default homepage on my IIS Manually?

Windows XP