Object doesn't support this property or method: 'MsTsc.ser..

I am trying to access my XP Pro system from work. I have
a networkevery router. I can get to remote destop from
any computer on my network at home. When i try to connect
at work, I get the Log on screen and then the page doesn't
load and i get the error message "Object doesn't support
this property or method: 'MsTsc.server'" I have
downloaded the "susposed" fix From SP1 and it does work.
Both ports 3389 and my ISS have been forward though my
router's firewall. Static Ip's from the XP computer.
Disables DHCP. PLEASE HELP.

Have you seen this KB article?

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;Q328002

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Zalar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to access my XP Pro system from work. I have
> a networkevery router. I can get to remote destop from
> any computer on my network at home. When i try to connect
> at work, I get the Log on screen and then the page doesn't
> load and i get the error message "Object doesn't support
> this property or method: 'MsTsc.server'" I have
> downloaded the "susposed" fix From SP1 and it does work.
> Both ports 3389 and my ISS have been forward though my
> router's firewall. Static Ip's from the XP computer.
> Disables DHCP. PLEASE HELP.

yes, that was the one i was referring too. I Installed
the software on both the server and the client. I also
activated the active X controlers for my web browser.

for the mutual benefit of all of us...
>The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
confers no rights...

>"Zalar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>>I am trying to access my XP Pro system from work. I have
>> a networkevery router. I can get to remote destop from
>> any computer on my network at home. When i try to
connect
>> at work, I get the Log on screen and then the page
doesn't
>> load and i get the error message "Object doesn't
support
>> this property or method: 'MsTsc.server'" I have
>> downloaded the "susposed" fix From SP1 and it does work.
>> Both ports 3389 and my ISS have been forward though my
>> router's firewall. Static Ip's from the XP computer.
>> Disables DHCP. PLEASE HELP.
>
>.

Can you use the Remote Desktop client without using the web interface? I don't personally use the
web interface so I am rapidly running out of ideas...

--

> yes, that was the one i was referring too. I Installed
> the software on both the server and the client. I also
> activated the active X controlers for my web browser.

I web client shows a error saying it can not connect to
the web server. Is there anything in the remote desktop
setup that I can change to address this.

and
>> confers no rights...
>>>
>>>"Zalar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
have
from
>> connect
>> doesn't
>> support
work.
my

>>>.
>>>

>.

If you can't connect to the web server then its possible your ISP is blocking TCP Port 80 (IIS)
simply because running a personal web server on their network may violate your user agreement with
them...

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=94cb220b2a08b3da&seekm=uFR9NbFVEHA.3692%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl#link3

--

>I web client shows a error saying it can not connect to
> the web server. Is there anything in the remote desktop
> setup that I can change to address this.

The webpage you are using is from "before" the fix.. Try browsing
directly to http://ipaddress/tsweb/default.htm . If this doesn't
work, then re-install the security update.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:55:50 -0700, "Zalar"

>I am trying to access my XP Pro system from work. I have
>a networkevery router. I can get to remote destop from
>any computer on my network at home. When i try to connect
>at work, I get the Log on screen and then the page doesn't
>load and i get the error message "Object doesn't support
>this property or method: 'MsTsc.server'" I have
>downloaded the "susposed" fix From SP1 and it does work.
>Both ports 3389 and my ISS have been forward though my
>router's firewall. Static Ip's from the XP computer.
>Disables DHCP. PLEASE HELP.

The article from Alex describes what the issue is:
http://dev.remotenetworktechnology.com/ts/fixmsrdp.htm

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:35:06 -0700,

>I web client shows a error saying it can not connect to
>the web server. Is there anything in the remote desktop
>setup that I can change to address this.

When I got to ipaddress/tsweb I get the log in page.
Then I input the server and get the error. When I got
Ipaddress/tsweb/default.htm I get an noncommunication
error. Do I need to put the ActiveX Scrpt into the
default homepage on my IIS Manually?

benefit
>of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may
not
>be answered depending on time availability....
>
>Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>Windows XP Expert Zone -
>
>On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:55:50 -0700, "Zalar"
>
>>I am trying to access my XP Pro system from work. I
have
>>a networkevery router. I can get to remote destop from
>>any computer on my network at home. When i try to
connect
>>at work, I get the Log on screen and then the page
doesn't
>>load and i get the error message "Object doesn't
support
>>this property or method: 'MsTsc.server'" I have
>>downloaded the "susposed" fix From SP1 and it does
work.
>>Both ports 3389 and my ISS have been forward though my
>>router's firewall. Static Ip's from the XP computer.
>>Disables DHCP. PLEASE HELP.
>
>.

Ok, I am getting somewhere but still have a problem. I
changed the connect.asp page with the new code from the
fix. When I go to the log in
page /ipaddress:port/tsweb/default.htm I put in the
computer name. The next screen is no longer and error
(Yeah), but I get another error message. VBScropt: Remote
Desktop Kisconnected. Computer can not be found. I know
it is on and connect because I was there 10 min. ago.
Does this mean I am still having a routing issue?

I also set up the router to host my computer as a DMZ
host. And it still didn't work. Could there be a problem
with connections from work or my ISP?

I talked to my ISP and they DO block port 80. I set up
IIS to use a different port, so shouldn't bypass 80?

Leave the servername blank...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 06:42:32 -0700, "zalar"

>Ok, I am getting somewhere but still have a problem. I
>changed the connect.asp page with the new code from the
>fix. When I go to the log in
>page /ipaddress:port/tsweb/default.htm I put in the
>computer name. The next screen is no longer and error
>(Yeah), but I get another error message. VBScropt: Remote
>Desktop Kisconnected. Computer can not be found. I know
>it is on and connect because I was there 10 min. ago.
>Does this mean I am still having a routing issue?

See my response on the earlier part of the thread... :)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 05:04:52 -0700,