Brain Teaser

Is it possible to run programs independantly on a secondary pc from a primary
one only using 1 keyboard, 1 mouse and 1 monitor.

In other words, two totally indepentant PCs but using 1 monitor, keyboard &
mouse.

And if so, how ??
3 answers Last reply
More about brain teaser

    WySiWyG wrote:

    > Is it possible to run programs independantly on a secondary pc from a primary
    > one only using 1 keyboard, 1 mouse and 1 monitor.
    >
    > In other words, two totally indepentant PCs but using 1 monitor, keyboard &
    > mouse.
    >
    > And if so, how ??

    I assume you know about KVM switches (and KVM over TCP/IP)?
    http://searchsmallbizit.techtarget.com/gDefinition/0,294236,sid44_gci213456,00.html

    What's the meaning of "totally independtant"?

    Doing nearly that is what much of this group is about. Remote Desktop, VNC,
    etc. are software solutions to this problem. Jerry Baker's given you an
    alternative way of approaching it as well.

    "WySiWyG" <WySiWyG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to run programs independantly on a secondary pc from a
    > primary
    > one only using 1 keyboard, 1 mouse and 1 monitor.
    >
    > In other words, two totally indepentant PCs but using 1 monitor, keyboard
    > &
    > mouse.
    >
    > And if so, how ??

    Try www.download.com for some trial and free versions of
    remote desktop managers, otherwise go to www.realvnc.com
    and download VNC which is a GNU distro (free under
    license etc)

    Loads of options, Hardware KVM is a brilliant idea and
    dont require excessive permissioning and software
    configuration.

Mice Monitors Keyboards Windows XP